Island house build along!!!! POC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stole,
    I personally don't know if I'll be there or not, but your welcome to come buy, everyone working on it is family members and there will be some beer drinking so stop bye. Hopefully I will be there and get to meet you, I will let you know before hand if I'll be there or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazzy View Post
      Stole,
      I personally don't know if I'll be there or not, but your welcome to come buy, everyone working on it is family members and there will be some beer drinking so stop bye. Hopefully I will be there and get to meet you, I will let you know before hand if I'll be there or not.
      Sounds good.

Comment

How do you get vehicles out there?

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
          I heard some kids lost a brand new Polaris a couple weeks ago. It fell off the boat.

Comment

By Barge

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
              I heard some kids lost a brand new Polaris a couple weeks ago. It fell off the boat.
              That would suck. I see the houses on the islands and think of all the work involved in transporting the materials and limited resources available, night fishing has to be fun, but I think I'll stick with our place in town. Looking forward to watching this thing go up.

Comment

We barge them out there, my dad owns a barge just for this.

Comment

This is me and my dad taking out the telephone poles out we used for the house
                  Attached Files

Comment

cool

Comment

Originally posted by Crazzy View Post
                      This is me and my dad taking out the telephone poles out we used for the house
                      That's interesting, I assume everything is run off generators and you catch or haul water. Did y'all barge equipment out there for the holes and just curious on how deep they're set. Glad you posted this thread.

Comment

That's interesting, I assume everything is run off generators and you catch or haul water. Did y'all barge equipment out there for the holes and just curious on how deep they're set. Glad you posted this thread.
                        Yes generator for a/c and other big stuff and 12 volt ( solar charged or wind generator) for lighting and small stuff, just used a two man auger to dig holes it goes pretty easy in sand but some people Jett them in, also we catch water and have a well for dry times ( fresh water is about 15' down)

Comment

Ya we know the guys who lost the Polaris, their place isn't far from ours. The came out of the little jetties and took a good wave. Crew cab ranger went over the front of the boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
                            Ya we know the guys who lost the Polaris, their place isn't far from ours. The came out of the little jetties and took a good wave. Crew cab ranger went over the front of the boat.
                            Hope insurance covered it.

Comment

Live update:

Comment

Hey stolle were y'all at the fishin center today around 11? I saw an orange and white shoalwater cat.

Comment

Working...
                                X