Hog light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hog light

been a while but I think I am going to do this again. Take a trailer brake light & attach it to the bottom of your feeder facing down attach it to a solar panel & battery. take the wire to the top of the feeder & pull it tight over to your tripod on this end you will need a dimmer switch out of an old chevy, ford whatever..the one that dimms the dash lights or turns them all the way off. have the light on as low as possible when the hogs come in slowly turn it up till you can see clear enough to shoot. Hope all this makes sense.

seems logical, try it out and post some results.

Comment

also seems like a good way to give those thievin critters a chance to do a little tight rope walkin if you ask me. Has that been a problem in the past?

Does anyone know the legality of hunting with a hog light during deer season, even if you aren't hunting for deer?

Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Txag96 View Post
        Does anyone know the legality of hunting with a hog light during deer season, even if you aren't hunting for deer?

Just curious.
        Perfectly legal. Just a wise idea to give a courtesy call to your local warden beforehand to avoid any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Txag96 View Post
          also seems like a good way to give those thievin critters a chance to do a little tight rope walkin if you ask me. Has that been a problem in the past?
          I didn't have a prob the last time we did it... all they could do is get on the tripod & it had a solid plastic seat

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
            Perfectly legal. Just a wise idea to give a courtesy call to your local warden beforehand to avoid any problems.
            Yep, Just call the GW and let him know your going to be hog hunting and you wont have any problems. We had this situation before, very easy to avoid problems.

Comment

That's a slick idea!

Comment

you might want to try these idea go to home depot and get a solar power spot light used for landscaping they are about $26.00.They come with a solar pannel built in with then and a photo cell the light bulb is a 3watt led this is plenty bright enough to see in a scope at 130yds also works great at 20-30yds for bow hunters.We use this at are lease and the work great for hog at night

Comment

Working...
                X