Cheap homemade feeder options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap homemade feeder options?

So my feeder bit the dust, was a cheap ol' plastic one and a limb fell on it. Was trying to find some good step by step instrutions for a feeder that I could make off of here but I can't really find any using the search function. I don't have a lot of money right now so I'm limited to about 60 bucks in materials. I'd really like to make one that i can just trhow over a tree. Anyone have any plans?

Your gonna be very limited then with only 60 bucks. Timers are not cheap and if you want to put it in a tree, you'll need a winch too.

Comment

I've got the timer from my old unit...so that's not a problem, I've just got 60 bucks for materials only.

Comment

Do you know where Canino Road is off 45 ? there is an old man that sells plastic and metal barrels cheep with lids I have his # if you want to call him and ask prices.

Comment

Originally posted by Badboypfg View Post
          Do you know where Canino Road is off 45 ? there is an old man that sells plastic and metal barrels cheep with lids I have his # if you want to call him and ask prices.
          PM it to me if you don't mind good sir...I'd appreciate it.

Comment

Sent PM

Comment

check craigslist for parts, we have a bunch in the Houston area

Comment

Go to a auto lube service center or maybe even Walmart and ask for one of their used 15 gallon drums. They use them for oil and grease. A little cleaning and you are ready to go.

Comment

I bolted two five gallon buckets together. one on top of the other with the bottom cut out of the top bucket. cut a hole in the bottom bucket for the feeder spout and motor assembly and you are ready to go. Mine holds a little over a bag of corn and lasts for about two weeks spining twice a day during deer season.

Comment

if you don't have legs, run 5/8" x 36" all thread thru the barrel and hook chain to the ends to hang it in a tree.

Comment

Working...
                    X