Idea for easy/nice knife assembly kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idea for easy/nice knife assembly kit?

I'm wanting to "assemble" a nice looking knife for a gift to give someone in appreciation of a recent hunt. I'm needing something that doesn't take too many specialized tools to work with because I don't have them. Trying to identify a nice/affordable kit that anyone may know about...?

would like to have something with a deer horn handle

Look at Texas Knifemaker's Supply and also Janz Supply both have kits that you just have to put the handle materials on. You will have to have some basic tools to shape and finish the handles.

Comment

that was helpful, thanks
      amazing, out of 182 views, only one response - funny...

Comment

You don't need many/any specialized tools. They can be built with just files and sandpaper it's just going to take more time. I always advise against buying kit blades, I just don't like them. I did a knife build along in the DIY section and show how to do every step including filing nice flat even bevels with just files, sandpaper, and a drill press.

I also have a build along on another site where I show how to build a pocket knife.

Comment

I"ll second Texas knife makers. That is where I got my first kit and it was 10 times easier than I expected. The only problem is that it probably won't be your last. It's addicting!

Comment

Wish I could help but Im clueless. Good luck and post pics of your progress please

Comment

I get my stuff from Northcoastknives.com. Pat Percivel will just about bend over backwards to help you out. If you need ideas for knife scales, try using good ol mesquite, it's great stufff.

Comment

Working...
              X