1968 IH Scout 800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1968 IH Scout 800

First off this won't be a complete restore like the guys on BinderPlanet. I want a good solid lease vehicle. While I won't be getting much done with this for a couple weeks but I wanted to get some pics up. Doesn't look like much but with a little work I think we'll have her driving pretty soon. Getting her running is our first goal. I'll be draining/changing all fluids/filters as she's been sitting for a year and a half. New plugs and wires along with new battery will also be put in. Interior is in good shape. Will be rhino-lining all of interior, re-covering rear bench seat, making a rack to raise the rear seat up when top is off. After getting her running and fixing up a few things inside we will be working on the body and getting her painted. Not looking for a glossy show room paint job but a good color for the deer lease - some sort of green or brown. Here is a few pics to get the project going.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Saltwaterag; 01-21-2011, 12:12 PM. Reason: didn't finish post

Be a nice lease vehicle.

Comment

Great truck to fix up. I can't believe the interior is in so good of shape. She would look great with a 4" lift and some 33" tires underneath.

Comment

Got a 66 IH 800 back at the beginning of December for the exact same thing. Got it running great...just won't stop. Got to get the brakes fixed and recover the seat.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hey HighSpeed good to see another 800 out there. I've found they aren't as numerous as other models but I like the look. A little lift and some bigger tires might be in the works as well.

Comment

I know that my bnl (windwalker) is salivating right now........he LOVES the IH Scout!

Greg

Comment

Paint it tan. That way it will look good at the lease, and on the street if you ever wanted to convert it or use it as dual purpose. Tan Body, Black Rims and a lift with bigger tires will look good. And remember, Deer are tan and they blend in great.

Comment

You cant kill those internationals!

Comment

I love build threads!
                  Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                  l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                  ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Well just a little update. The Scout is up and running. New plugs, wires, cap and rotor, some hoses, fuel filler hose, alternator and oil change got her up purring. Actually runs pretty smooth and cranks right up. Really nothing new to show with pics. Next on the list is a brake job and run fuel line from second tank - the 800 has two 8 gallon tanks and only one was hooked up. Want to put some LED lights inside and I'll need to get the wipers working. Seats are in good shape but going to install some seat belts, horn and toggle for tailgate feeder. We'll also be doing some body work here and there and work on getting her painted. Since it's just a lease vehicle we are going to attemp this ourself. I've got a buddy who has done some paint work and has the equipment. Will update with pics when I get some noticeable work done.

Comment

What nice truck, sand it down primer it and buy a bed liner gun and shoot it your self, you will save money, have a water hose wash outable truck and never regret it, i would buy a winch and lockers for it and some v tread tires in 15 inch and fill them each with 2 gallons of slime and you drive where u want when u want, dont forget some daylighters to blast hogs with and maybe a side mounted inside spotlight, kewl ride for sure

Comment

those are great

Comment

Yep rhino lining the whole inside is definitely on the list along with some new tires at some point. Also looking at building a bracket for the back bench seat to raise it up a little and either be able to shoot from the roll bar or incorporate a rest off the roll bar depending on the height of the seat.

Comment

will be a awsome project...

Comment

ScoutParts.com specializes in all parts for International Harvester Scouts. We sell every International Scout II part for your repair or restoration.

Comment

Working...
                              X