No announcement yet.

Diy rifle refinishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No tru oil on thegun.... Thats just sanding sealer...tru oils not allowed in the shop, id be thrown out if caught with it lol, i would usually stain then seal but if i put any stain on this wood id lose the grain and the beauty , so ittl just have to be toned to the color i want, no finish is on the gun yet, imma make a few plaques for my european mounts while im there inbetween coats, will post pics of those too if anyone want to see em

Comment

Of course we want to see the plaques. Post em up.

Comment

I'm in the process of doing my Remington 700 BDL. I agree that 80 grit is best to cut through the Urethane coating. I still just on the butt end mainly cause I started with 120 grit and I had some hardwood floors installed.

Comment

First is during the end of toning, then put back together, my main concern whas the checkerboard and there actually deeper than what they started as....lots of grip and cany be happier, my tape job wasnt perfect and tried to show the mistake after toughing it up i missed a small spot and the grip around the plastic
          Attached Files

Comment

I wish i took more pics of before the old polyurethane was cracked and yallowing on about half of the rifle and nicks everywhere

Comment

That's a cool rifle, and a dang nice re-furb!

Well played sir!

Comment

Nice work there. Sharp looking rifle.

Comment

Nice work...

Comment

good work. Estimated time to complete?

Comment

Very nice work

Comment

2hr to 2/12 prep, about 20 minutes in the spray booth with sealing, toning, and finishing, if i could just strip the whole gun prolly an hr prep

Comment

Working...
                        X