Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

~Easy THRILL light -fiber optic bow sight mod (pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

~Easy THRILL light -fiber optic bow sight mod (pics)

Thought I would add in a little trick that I figured could help out others when it comes to almost dark hunting situations.

*** I used this this weekend at Boazmans lease with those hogs. They paid no mind to the glowing red light.

I simply purchased those THRILL LIGHTS. These are small light/battery combos you can pick up at your local outdoor store or Academy outlet. I prefer the PUSH ON/SNAP BACK OFF type ( they also carry the TWIST ON/OFF type)
    They are small inserts used in bobbers for nocturnal fishing. Cost all of 2bucks and some change. 20hours of continuous battery life to one thrill light.

I first removed the small top cap to my sight using the corresponding allen wrench. Taking it to my workbench, I drilled a hole the same diameter of my THRILL LIGHT.

Reattach the top cap to your sight. You now can easily slip the thrill light into the hole and test to ensure at what depth it looks best as it protrudes down into the middle of your fiber optic coils. Once you access this depth, use a small rubber grommet or electrical tape to act as a stop so that it sits are the proper depth and does not fall completely into your sight.

That’s all there is to it !
    It defiantly helped me as the light vanishes quickly in evening hunts. Using the red THRILL light it will SUPER glow your RED fiber dot on the sight, turn the GREEN fiber dot yellow, and your yellow fiber dot seems to maintain it’s color with no change.

Good luck on this easy and helpful mod !

nice

Comment

Great Idea.

Comment

good idea. Also seems like you could put a small piece of camo tape on the backside of the sight to cover the illuminated coils of fiber optics if you were concerned about the animals seeing it.

Comment

Heck ya VICKSBURG--- sounds like a good idea ! I like that.

Comment

Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Great project idea right there! I don't have the sight you mention but I think I might can scare up something similar for the one I do have!

Comment

Nice work. Is there any chance of the light falling out easily when you're going through the brush? How firmly is it in place?

Oh yeah....it's a THILL light! Now redo that photo text! =)
                But I'm sure you were THRILLED when you came up with the idea!

Comment

Hhahahah-- CHEW... indeed... I looked back at the packaging and though..."THRILL ?!?!?..... THILL.... HUked On Foniks werkeD for ME ?!? *** ?!?" hahaha

I drill mine nice and snug. It has SLIP to it upon insertion but noticed it CATCHES slightly at the light point when taking it out. Just enough to deter brush pulling it out when trampling though undercover. I used it all weekend long through HELLA brush. Had the bow upside down,.. sideways,..yanked behind me.. and the light was still there !! woo hoo !

Now that I think of it.... I saw this very small RUBBER GROMMETS the other day at Home Depot. I bet if you were to take a good adhesive and glue one of these around the drilled out hole,... it would act as a great rubber-snug fit to the THILL light.

Comment

Working...
                  X