GameSpy 100 conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GameSpy 100 conversion

Me and my brother converted a GameSpy 100 to a "shovel" type connection. I could never get a good connection with the alligator clips after adding a solor panel. It has been in may backyard for 5 days now and still at 99% charge on the battery. Total cost about $30 ($20 for the battery). I know you can get the battery ALOT cheaper but I was in a pinch and needed one pretty quick. Hope this helps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Abby with Nice Bull Sprig.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	23831675 Click image for larger version

Name:	Abby with Mallet.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	23831676

Click image for larger version

Name:	Looking for diver.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	23831677 Click image for larger version

Name:	There it is.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	23831678

where did you get the shovel type of clamps. Also did you put the clamp from the battery to the camera, if so how did you clamp the solar charger, also you bought a shovel type of battery and where did you get one. thanks will, I am having the same problem with mine.

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post
      where did you get the shovel type of clamps. Also did you put the clamp from the battery to the camera, if so how did you clamp the solar charger, also you bought a shovel type of battery and where did you get one. thanks will, I am having the same problem with mine.
      Any hardware or auto parts store that sells terminal connectors should have them.

Comment

I had a problem as well trying to get a good connection to the battery terminals with four alligator clips from the camara and the solar panel. I picked up slide connectors(female) and quick connects made by 3M from Wal-Mart for a total of about $5, these were bulk packs so you can re-rig about 8 camaras with these. After adding the quick connects and slide connectors it was a lot easier to get a good "solid" connection to the battery. I set my camara and solar panel out today with a 70% charge and went back to it 3hours later and it was at 99%, so this works pretty well. I'm definitely going to be converting the rest of my camaras to this setup.

Comment

so you use the connectors from the solar panel to the battery, then alligator clips to the camera, is that right. Also where did you get your battery. thanks will

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post
            so you use the connectors from the solar panel to the battery, then alligator clips to the camera, is that right. Also where did you get your battery. thanks will
            With this setup, you are not going to be using the alligator clips at all, that way you don't have to worry about them getting dislodged. If you are using a spring type battery then the alligator clips will work just fine. I've had better luck with batteries I buy from Academy that have dont' have a spring top, but a two small pieces of metal that stick out of the top as battery terminals. This is where I had problems connecting both alligator clips from the solar panel and the camara itself due to the limited space inside the camara housing. I just cut the alligator clips off right where they were connected to the wire, that way you will still have plenty of wire to work with. You will then be left with a red and black wire that don't have anything connected to them. so you have to use the Slide Connectors(female) to replace the where the alligator clips were. I also cut the alligator clips off of the solar panel as well, then used the Quick Connects to attach the two wires together. You use these by running the main camara wire from the camara to the battery through the Quick Connect on the side that is open from end to end on the quick connect. The loose wire that you have coming from the solar panel is connected into the quick connect in the other open slot that is not all the way through it. There is a small piece of metal in the quick connect that requires you to pinch so that it, so you it will get a connection though the plastic covering the wire. This i pretty much it, if you need some pictures I can post some. Good luck hope this works for you.

Comment

when you talk about the quick connect, is that the female shovel connector. If so you are putting the panel through one circle on the shovel and the camera through the other. Or is the quick connect a different connector. In the picture it looks like you have a red connector that the 2 go into. OUt of the connector what wire doyou use to hook the shovels to. Do you use some of the excess wire from the panel to run from the connector to the shovel. Sorry bout the misunderstandin.

Comment

Yes use a tag end to connect the shovel connector to.

Comment

thanks for your help. I will try it next time I go out.

Comment

My problem is getting the camera to keep a charge. Is there a special solar panel that is the best. I have used the shovel attachment to attach the solar panel to the battery and I am still not having any luck keeping a charge. Do you all charge you batteries on a regular charger prior to applying the solar panel. I have used alligator clips to the battery from the camera. I do not understand what I am doing wrong. Let me know if you all have any ideas. Thanks Will

Comment

When I buy a new battery, I generally will put it on a charger. Buy a 6volt charger that lets you know when the battery is fully charged, that way there is no question as to how much juice the battery has. The solar panel is more of a maintanance thing, that works depending upon how much sunlight it is getting, if your solar panel is in the shade or dark its not functioning to its full potential. I always try to clear away any brush that will keep it from getting hit by sunlight, or place it in an open area. I've had better luck with I think Wildgame innovations and American Hunter panels than the moultrie brand. If your battery is old or been discharged for a long period of time it may not be holding a charge as well and you might look into replacing it with a new one, look for one that has higher AH(ampere hours) 4.5 minimum. Good luck
                      >>>>>-------------->

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing the pictures for this if you still have them? For some resason they don't show up for me.

Comment

Yeah I can't get the pics either

Comment

Even with my solar panel and a fully charged "new" battery I may get three weeks and about 350 pics out of it before its dead! I think it should be longer

Comment

I don't know if Redneck still looks at this thread, but I'm heading out to the lease this weekend and I'll try to take some pictures of my setups. I actually did away with the quick connects on one setup and it seems to be working just as well. I just crimped the wires from the camera and the solar panel together into one of the female connecters.

Comment

Working...
                              X