No announcement yet.

Game Hoist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry guys for not keeping up with this thread, I have one Im building for a member allready. I have the metal but waiting to get rid of this Poison Ivy to start it.

Comment

Good ideals hmm may have to build one. Thanks

Comment

Here is mine. I put my son Dalton to work preping for welding. I'm not finished with it as I need to add a padeye for two parting the winch line and also padeyes for hooking ratchet straps back to the bed tie down loops but at least it's to a point where its usable.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by No_1_U_Know View Post
          Dale,

I like your game hoist design, and I want to build one like yours myself. I think I like the one with the crank lower down with two sheaves. Do you like tht one better, or the other one with the crank at the top? Could you please share a little more detail on the design of the interface between the lower and upper unit? Looks like both the male and female sides are welded. What are the materials for the male and female joint section? Also, what materials are necessary for the sheave setups, and how did you install the sheaves in the metal stock?

Thanx!

Steven
          New Orleans
          Sorry, I'm just seein this. I built both of those to be auctioned off...and that was several years ago so I'll just have to tell you what I remember. When, or if, I ever build mine, it will have the winch down lower...it's just more convenient. As far as the pivot in the center.....there's a piece of 1 1/2" solid bar stock inside, it's welded solid to the lower piece. The top piece slides over it, and there are 1 1/2" inch set collars welded to both the top and bottom pieces to rotate against each other. I bought the set collars at a bearing place.

The sheaves are just pulleys that I bought at Northern Tool or Tractor supply, and took apart. I cut notches in the ends of the tubing and welded steel pieces inside to give it a solid look.

Comment

This is what we build. it is in 2 pieces so it stays light and can handle it easy. First piece slides in reciever, but 90 degrees out, top slips in and pivots

Click image for larger version

Name:	deer hoist 007.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	23973124

Click image for larger version

Name:	deer hoist 008.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	23973125

Comment

This is third one I have buildt. Sold first one to TBH member back in 2002 and gave second one as wedding present to nephew. Made from 3/16 2x2 tubing brace rod is 3/8, winch is 2 speed bolted on with 4 bolts rope is 3/8 braided nylon been on here and out in weather for past several years need a new rope. The next one will be a 1/2 nylon. Bottom part has a 3/16 thick pipe inside 2x2 tubing making it extra strong. upright shaft is solid and extends into for 6-8 inches.......put 1/2 inch collar around bottom of up right where it hits and swivels aganist bottom washer.......In second to last picture thats me 225 lbs on it then last picture step son and I... 475 lbs . Notice no bend to hoist wit this braceing on it.....I didn't lift it too high off ground in pic due to bad rope. I have gotten too old and heal too slow now days.........Andy
              Attached Files

Comment

Slacker--good job on the bed mount. I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                  Slacker--good job on the bed mount. I like it.
                  Thanks. It keeps the receiver hitch open for other uses.

Comment

No play-by-play but here's mine. Wished I would've found this thread before I built this one...

Comment

Not DIY, but

it's inexpensive ($107)and appears sturdy, though made in China. I just got it, so I haven't used it with an animal yet.

Last edited by Olphart; 08-01-2016, 08:43 AM.

Comment

on my to-do list. yall have some great projects

Comment

All are very good ideas. Thanks!

Comment

Good ideas

Comment

good stuff...

Comment

Top.

Comment

Working...