Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Cube-Protein/Corn feeder.

1400lbs of pure badness!

I built it 2 1/2 years ago and hunted over it for the 1st time last weekend, it's neato!
    Attached Files

The protein unit.
    Attached Files

Comment

very nice. I am glad you reposted this!

Do you use it for half corn and half protein or how have you actually been using it. or has it been empty all this time

Comment

I've been running it 1/2 corn and 1/2 protein, but I think the divider is coming out next time I fill it so I can fill the whole thing with corn.

Comment

Does that PVC on the legs keep the coons out?
          I've heard about that, but never had a confirmed report that it worked.

Comment

I have 2 feeders with the PVC installed going back 5 years or so and I've never seen or gotten a pic of a squirrel or coon on either of them.

Comment

nice job,
              how far off the ground are the protein tray things?

Comment

Dang, Dale...you're a pretty handy boy to have around the house! Nice job with all the angles. I can't tell if it has four down spouts or just the two?

Thanks for posting.

Comment

What kind of tubing did you use for the protien downspouts? I built a couple protein T heads and 4 ways using 4x4, 11 ga. Next year am looking to build a hopper style protien feeder with angled ports similar to yours (already found a hopper to start with in the junk pile at the local cotton gin). Was looking for some lighter tubing but haven't been able to find any.

Comment

Originally posted by Berandel View Post
                    Dang, Dale...you're a pretty handy boy .......
                    He is a "handy boy", isnt he!
                    Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                    l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                    ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Was it Sackett's signature that said "If she can't find you handsome, let her find you handy!" I'm not real handsome.

I don't recall how high the protein spouts are but I bet they're around 40"-41", just over turkey high.

Just has two down spouts, and a divider in the middle, and a corn slinger on the other side. But the timer could be removed and two more down spouts installed.

That 4X4 tubing is 11ga also. I don't reckon you'd find 4X4 much lighter unless you went with like barn gutter, and that would be too light imo. Mine is heavy, it's wired up to the legs.

Comment

Another pic.
                        Attached Files

Comment

What gauge of sheet metal did you use for the hopper? And how did you cut it?

Comment

The hopper is 14ga. I had the steel company sheer 2 4'X8' pieces into 4 3'X4' pieces with some scrap (they'll do this for about 5-10 bucks). I used the skill saw with an abrasive blade (seen in the 1st pic) to cut the 2 angles at the bottom of each pic. I've got a friend who works in a welding shop, so I took him a 12 pack right at closin time and he let me use their brake for a few minutes to bend the angles to form the "funnel" shape on the bottom.

Comment

Awsome feeder Dale!

Comment

Working...
                              X