$3.00 or less lighted nock!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$3.00 or less lighted nock!

I made 2. One for my Carbon Express Maxima's and one for my Easton Axxis. The Easton Arrow was a little more difficult. I bought a Green and Yellow light and batterie made by ROD-N-BOBB'S called the BEACON (in the fishing section) it is a light for corks, just under $3.00.

On the Maxima arrow just simply took off the nock and put the light end in the nock and cut a small 1/4" dowel rod a little longer than a 1/4" and put some adhesive on it and pushed it down into the arrow, I did not let the nock seat all the way on the arrow (about 1/16th of an inch) and pulled the nock back out. I took a nail and cleaned out all the excessive adhesive and let dry. I put nock back in the same way I did before so the the light wont turn on until it is pushed all the way in. When you shoot your bow it will go all the way in and turn the light on. I did not have to re-sight my bow in. And I shot at 10, 20, 30, 40 yds.

O ya, i wont mention the name but one of the lighted nock companies uses this same light and batterie and charges out the wazooo!

Click image for larger version

Name:	LightNock3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	24797249

Name:	LightNock2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	24797248

Name:	LightNock4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	24797250

Name:	LightNock1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	24797247
    Last edited by tookeymonster; 02-17-2010, 09:01 PM.

we used to call them thill lights too. Great DIY. Work great on coons and pigs.

Comment

did the same thing the other day but instead of using a wooden dowel i used the back end of another knock that i cut off, but the problem that I am having is that I went and shot it this afternoon after work and mine would light up when i shot it but it would not stay on after it hit the target?

Comment

with the dowel mine stay light till i take out the nock and pull the light up.

Comment

are these the right ones?

Comment

Originally posted by blacksunshine View Post

You need to get the Light replacements. you don't need the lour's or corks. that is the wright company

Comment

Originally posted by blacksunshine View Post

They are called the Lucky Jack Refill, they are cheeper ant Gander mt. or wall mart.

rod-n-bobbs, rod-n-bobb's, light stick, lightsticks, lightstick, night fishing, boss, bobber, luckyjack, torch, fish, fishing, pre-rig, slip bobber, tackle, tackle beacon, pole float, bobber stop, bobberstops, anglers, glow, glow in the dark, battery stick, battery, hooks, lures, freshwater, saltwater, accessories, tools, bass, walleye, catfish, panfish, muskie, pike, crappie, steelhead, casting, trolling, manufacturing, hardbait, Eau Claire, Wisconsin, bait casting, world record, lake, river, stream, boat, shore, tackle box

Comment

I know it is different from the one you posted in the packaging sense, but is the main item the same? (I can get the one posted cheaper than the one you posted)

Comment

tookey, sent you a pm....as to why I was asking...

Comment

those are glow stick not led's

Comment

you can get replacement batts for $2 from a private seller on AT, or just get them assembled for $5. No warranties but they sure work. I am having fun with a bunch of these on all my hunting arrows.

Comment

BTW, if the batts come off, they will smash on the pin insert, and leak. This was what I got using a short nock to hold the batt in place.

Comment

I'll be watching this myself...If they are dependable it would certainly be worth it.

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I'm going to have to try this. I use a crossbow for hog hunting at night and a cheap lighted nock would be great anyone done this with a crossbow bolt?

Comment

Working...
                              X