No announcement yet.

Project: Huntin Rig.....Codename: SCRAT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the water pump spit the bit last weekend at deer camp. I went and got it Thursday and it sets on the trailer awaiting repairs. I may not fix it/have it fixed until I get my shop built. Dad gave me his little Miller 175 wire welder and I really want to build the bumpers in MY shop. Can't start the shop until I figure out the taxes for the year so it could be a while.

Then again it may **** me off bad enough not having it, that I'll have it fixed sooner.....never know.

Comment

You need to get this fixed, so we can take it mudding after a night of Beer and Mud Bugs.
      I know how this sucks. I have my jeep in the shop right now. Well my brother-in-laws. You know how that goes. I might have it back before opening day.

Good luck with Scrat.

Comment

lookin good

Comment

those airbags look like they work like a champ.. is that a decent long term fix or just temp?

Comment

Did you crank the front torsion bars?
            Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
            l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
            ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Originally posted by philafal View Post
              those airbags look like they work like a champ.. is that a decent long term fix or just temp?
              If they are as advertised, they'll work "Long term". I like them a lot, I got a little compressor that stays in the back, so when I get to camp and unload, I can let most of the air out (which makes it ride better and the headlights point higher ), then air it back up when I re-pack on Sunday.

Originally posted by Joey~AP View Post
              Did you crank the front torsion bars?
              No sir....not yet. It sets good and level with 20lbs of air in the bags now. Plan is to build a spacer for the air bag to set on so it will be 3/4" or so higher in the back with the same amount of air. When I get that done I'll buy some ball joint spacers and raise the front a little.

The tax man and other repairs have really screwed up the budget lately...

Comment

I started on SCRAT's evil twin step-sister this weekend.

Fuel tank is a mess!
                Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Looks great! Don't forget to be careful with the front air bag sensors. I'm not certain... but think their is a procedure for messing with them. When I did my front bumper I left the key off, battery disconnected, just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey~AP View Post
                    I started on SCRAT's evil twin step-sister this weekend.

Fuel tank is a mess!
                    Y'all gonna have a Scratoff?

This should be rockin'.

Comment

I hear the back windows pop of you don't roll 'em down 6inches when wheelin across ditches and torqueing the frame...

Comment

Waiting on some pics DALE!!

Comment

Dale Bring it to the mixer , i am sure i have a few more stickers that you can have

Comment

Just incase you forgot you had that rig you need to work on!

Comment

I can see some wild graphics being laid down in the near future. What do you think? BTW nice truck.

Comment

"SCODA"

Self Contained Overland Drinking Apparatus

Comment

Working...
                                X