Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vanilla Scent Dispenser

First Idea-

Recyle all of your previous scent eleminator plastic spray bottles and use with your 2 part water to 1 part vanilla cover scent. This you can use to spray yourself and your clothes in a mist.

Second Idea-

Use a nose spray bottle to put your vanilla cover scent mixture in as well. But this one will shoot the vanilla mixture out in a fine stream that with no wind can go up to 10 feet away. You can use this once you are up in your tree stand to cover your tracks, and to spray onto trees and/or bushes around you or higher up to disperse your vanilla scent better. It can also be used to run off pesky squirrels, or for self defense once you have hacked them off.

Usually the bottles are white once you take all of the original nose spray sticker stuff off. This is good, because the white bottle will be easy to spot in your gear bag with all of the green cammo stuff. The white color also comes in handy before daylight when there is little or no light , it will stand out for easy handling and identification.

Third Idea-

Use the same type nose spray bottle to keep your hydrogen perioxide in for blood trail tracking. Just a short, fine, squirt will pick up any blood and foam up for you to see.

Good luck,

Dave in Denton

Those are good ideas, Dave and here is another one: fill the nose spray bottle with unscented powder and use it to puff it into the air to check wind direction.

Comment

Good suggestions! Welcome to the website, 3blade.

Comment

Nice suggestions fellas

Comment

Going to try this this year. I'm tired of getting busted

Comment

good ideas.

Comment

is the vanilla you are talking about like vanilla extract or something else?

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
                is the vanilla you are talking about like vanilla extract or something else?
                Mix 1 part vanilla extract to 1 part water.
                Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Some don't go as heavy and use a 2 parts water to 1 part vannilla but yes it's the same vanilla extract your wife bakes with. Just don't take hers out of the kitchen and not tell her. Or you might end up in the dog house when she goes to bake and it's not there.

Comment

How in the hail does vanilla cover your scent? Do deer like Blue Bell? or is it just something that doesn't bother them?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      How in the hail does vanilla cover your scent? Do deer like Blue Bell? or is it just something that doesn't bother them?
                      i was contemplating this myself today. i dont come across many vanilla plants in the wild, and i would think a Mumme's apple scented corn cover scent would work better
                      Last edited by Tommyh; 09-25-2007, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I don't get the vanilla thing either?????

Comment

If vanilla works, then my frosted blueberry pop-tarts should rock.

Comment

Fitzgerald (don't remember his first name) distributes a product called "Vanilla Killa" and he says it is used as a cover scent and attractant. I tried it one year and killed a nice 8 point. The buck was traveling and looking for does when he got a "whif" of the VK he locked up. It happened to stop him in his tracks at just the right spot when I drilled him at 10 yds. He looked tense and ready to bolt when I shot, so I can't confirm whether or not it really works. I gues it did...

Comment

I have heard that Mexican vanilla works the best. Dont know how deer know where the vanilla comes from, but that is what I heard.

Comment

Working...
                              X