Carbon De-scenting bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbon De-scenting bag

Go to Walmart, to the womens hosiery section. Look for the short mid calf high panty hose in the little clear plastic bubble. (The bubble looks like the ones in the gum machines with the prizes.) They sould be in a hanging little rack dispenser thingy in the womens hose or footwear section

Then go to the pet/fish section. Purchase a box or two of the activated charcoal for the fish tank filters. It is loose and granulated in the box.

Pour the charcoal into each of the panty hose foot pieces and tie a knot in the open end, closing it up.

There ya go. It should be about the size of a potato. Just throw it into your gear bag, and it will absorb any unwanted odors. It will also lightly coat all of your clothes and gear with charcoal dust, but you will not notice it at all. None of this smells in any way.

They never wear out or need to be reoplaced. And they are cheap to make.

Good luck.

Dave in Denton

That is a cool idea!

Comment

sweet! gonna try.

Comment

Thanks For The Tip Sounds Good Gonna Try

Comment

I'm in. Sound simple and it works!

Comment

Never woulda thought that one up. Thanks!

Todd

Comment

Ok, In light of the Carbon Scent Absorbing clothing article on "Around the Campfire", as the inventor of the "Carbon Sock", I would suggest changing out your carbon socks every year. Just replace the hosiery and the carbon, it's cheap. It would seem to make sense that the carbon would become saturated.

Dave in Denton

Comment

COOL IDEA ! Will try it this weekend.

Comment

I WILL be ****ed!

I'll be sending Blair after some knee highs next time we go to wall mart.

Comment

What a cool idea!!! Now, I'll have to get the wife to go with me or I'll look like a real sicko........

Comment

Would this work

Would it work to sprinkle the carbon on your clothing, seems I have seen a product advertised on the hunting shows that you do just that with, was actually looking for some at Cabelas but could not find it.

Comment

Sorry guys, I believe I missed the thread on this one.......

What exactly does this do for ya?

I take it, that is absorbs any scent off of your clothing and equipment? When and where do you put these carbon socks?

If I normally keep my hunting clothes bagged with cedars would I want to use carbon socks? To me it seems like you are trying to completely rid yourself 100% of any scent? If so, is that reasonable?

Comment

COOL! Simple & Cheap! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Man I Tried This On And It Does Work And Its Cheap Just My Kinda Thing

Comment

Johnny,

It is just a simple idea that I came up with due to my being on a severe budget. I wash my stuff in baking soda, and throw it in my old flight bag with these socks, and I see deer, so I guess it is working. Half the time I hunt on the ground. I guess my thinking was that it would act like a moisture packet in electronics packaging. It seems to suck odor out of the air, and it is constantly regenerating itself and it shifts and moves around at the bottom of the bag. You will not see any dust.

I just throw about 4 socks into my bag and let them alone, they just do their thing. If you use cedar scent, this may not be an idea that you could use. To each his own.

Glad I could share. Original good ideas are rare for me, but I like this one.

Dave in Denton

Comment

Working...
                              X