X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
    http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/st...-1?N=581132421

$19.99

Can you list links the parts needed to attach the chair to the step stool?

Thanks in advance.

Will this work?

http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shop...0213344/202432 $9.99
    Timm, that combination of seat and swivel should work nicely. The swivel looks the same as what I used. My seat has the padding, but as pointed out, it does make a little noise when I first sit down (air leaving the seat cushion) and when I get up (air entering the seat cushion). It's never been a problem, since I normally remain seated when deer are in the area. Also, I think it may depend on what type of material the cushion is covered with. Mine is not that loud, but some materials might be noisier than others.

The swivel attaches to the seat with the screws that came with the seat. The swivel attaches to the stool with bolts and nuts. The length of the bolt will depend on the thickness of the stool. I had to use a thin (1/4") plywood "backing" on the underside of the stool due to the way it is constructed. Basically, the stool is sandwiched between the swivel and the plywood. You can either use lock washers or get the nuts with the neoprene centers to make sure they don't loosen. You'll also want to use a flat washer, since the nut would otherwise be going against plastic or plywood.

If my chair wasn't at the lease, I'd take a picture!

By the way, both Boss Buck and Woodsey Too emailed me back about the bow holder. Boss Buck said they still intend to carry them, they just don't have any right now. Woodsey Too said I could call and order directly from them, which I'm about to do.

Comment

Thanks for the help. I am going to make this chair. :-)

Sent from my mobile office using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm on my 3rd fabric seat in so many years. I love the triangle style seat and fold up/strap over sholder design, but hate that they wear out so quickly. May have to try this...biggest draw back for me would appear to be portability.

Comment

I haven't been able to find the stools anywhere lately. Only online. Any ideas?

Comment

I was searching for a new seat to use for bowhunting and I now have a great idea thanks to you guys!! Im building me a new seat tomorrow with a bow holder build in, even going to add a drink holder to the other side... Thanks for the ideas

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Thumper View Post
              I was searching for a new seat to use for bowhunting and I now have a great idea thanks to you guys!! Im building me a new seat tomorrow with a bow holder build in, even going to add a drink holder to the other side... Thanks for the ideas
              OT

If you weld up some extra bow and drink holder's that attach to chair, I'll take 4. Had this chair at lease but burned in recent fire. Was my most comfortable chair blind and hated to see it go. Bow to mount on left side. All though if I remember correctly you could flip the bow mount to either the right or left side mount position.
              Last edited by TD2000; 10-04-2011, 06:21 AM.

Comment

All done. Nobody had a shorter stool, so I went with this one. Stool is rate for 300lbs.

Next up is adding a carrying strap.

Attached Files

Comment

This is why I love this site !

Comment

nice

Comment

Where I hunt it is pretty sandy, Ok it is sand. The buckets work their way down and it makes for a TIPPY kinda sit. You are doing a balancing act. So I am using bag chairs from academy with one arm removed. Just my 2 cents incase anyone else has the same issues.

Comment

I just received the seats and bow holders to make a couple more chairs...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1408.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	24020035

Woodsey Too has changed the bow holder so that now it's adjustable. Not only that, but the arms that contact your bow are a lot thicker. NICE!

Name:	IMG_1405.jpg
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	24020036

This shows the adjustment area of the bow holder...

Name:	IMG_1406.jpg
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	24020037

Another view...

Name:	IMG_1407.jpg
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	24020038

The chairs I bought from Cabela's came as a set of two. They're padded. They came with the swivels already on them. Of course, I'll have to take the back screws out and slide the tabs on the bow holder between the swivel and the seat and then put the screws back in. (The bow holder swivels with the seat.) Here I'm just holding the bow holder to show where it will be installed.

Name:	IMG_1409.jpg
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	24020039

These seats also came with the drink caddies! Since I attach my quiver to my blind now, I'm not going to put the Kwikee quiver attachments on these. That way, I can use the caddy on the right side and have my bow on the left.

Still waiting for the stools. I ordered them from Ace Hardware via Amazon. They're supposed to ship on Monday.

I think these are going to be great!

Comment

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
                          All done. Nobody had a shorter stool, so I went with this one. Stool is rate for 300lbs.

Next up is adding a carrying strap.
                          Looks good, Timm! Did you have to use plywood on the bottom?

Comment

Yes I did.

Comment

Love this seat. Hunting right now and I am very comfortable

Comment

nice

Comment

Working...
                                X