Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATF with their over reach told to pound sand.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATF with their over reach told to pound sand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who told them to pound sand? Your link is just some Twitter user making statements about ATF overreach.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
      Who told them to pound sand? Your link is just some Twitter user making statements about ATF overreach.

In the video the atf was asking for info on triggers he purchased and that they were there to confiscate them. He basically told them that they don’t make laws and he hasn’t seen anything in front of Congress or voted on to make it a law therefore he isn’t answering any questions or giving them anything and they could go have a nice day.

He was way more nice about it than I would have been.

You’d have to watch the video. I didn’t read or know what was posted. Sorry about the confusion.

Comment

"I actually agree with you and I don't want to be here anymore than you want me to be here"

Yet, he is still there. Violating rights and throwing aside his own beliefs for that paycheck and benefits.

Says a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
          "I actually agree with you and I don't want to be here anymore than you want me to be here"

Yet, he is still there. Violating rights and throwing aside his own beliefs for that paycheck and benefits.

Says a lot.

This was my exact thought when he said that.

Comment

Says a lot.

Hmmmm, so he’s just “following orders”?

We were told that would never happen by LE/MIL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Says a lot.
              I read the comments and I watched the video. What rights did the agents violate?

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                I read the comments and I watched the video. What rights did the agents violate?

Serious question- what do you think would have happened if he told them he was in possession of FRT’s but was refusing to give them up?

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                  Watch video

So it begins..

Comment

Originally posted by centex_aggie View Post
                    Serious question- what do you think would have happened if he told them he was in possession of FRT’s but was refusing to give them up?

You want to play “what if”?

The guy asserted his right not to answer any questions and the agents walked away.

What rights were violated?

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                      You want to play “what if”?

The guy asserted his right not to answer any questions and the agents walked away.

What rights were violated?
                      The agents were willingly there to violate their oath to the constitution. The smart citizen didnt allow it. Know your rights folks

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                        The agents were willingly there to violate their oath to the constitution. The smart citizen didnt allow it. Know your rights folks

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                        It must be impressive that you can read their minds. If they wanted to violate their rights, why didn’t they?

They are allowed to ask and he is allowed to not consent. That is what happened.

Clay said they were there violating his rights.

So again, what rights did they violate?

I honestly don’t expect an answer since there is nothing but speculation. Had they made an entry into wherever he was without a warrant, that would have violated the Fourth Amendment. Did you see any indication they were about to make an unlawful entry?

Comment

It seems to me if they had proof, he was in possession of something illegal, they would have shown up with a warrant.

DJ

Comment

Originally posted by DJM View Post
                            It seems to me if they had proof, he was in possession of something illegal, they would have shown up with a warrant.

DJ
                            Certainly.

Almost without much doubt the agents had enough evidence that he was in possession of an FRT at one time. That by itself is not likely enough. It has to be recent information.

They even offered him a chance to say that he got rid of it. He could have said sure and walked away. He did the right thing by not answering. A person doesn’t have to talk to the police but if they do and get caught in a lie, that is a crime in itself, even if the original suspected crime to not be proven. I think quite a few people don’t understand the right to remain silent means exactly that. I think that’s what they got Martha Stewart on. They asked her about some insider trading scheme and instead of just keeping her mouth shut, she answered some questions. I don’t believe the federal government could ever approve the insider trading, but they could prove that she was not honest and gave up her right to remain silent. That cost her some time in federal prison.

The agents knew that they had nothing other than suspicion. They used their only other option which was to ask if he wish to turn over the FRT and he correctly refused to answer any questions including if he had ever owned an FRT. The conversation ended.

Comment

I see it as they attempted to violate his rights, but he was on to the game. Most people will simply go along with it, answer the questions, and end up getting screwed. They shouldn't be at his door trying to con him in the first place. Of all the things the ATF could be doing that actually help society, this ain't it.

Comment

Working...
                              X