No announcement yet.

Texas Farmer battles City Council

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully, SB 1421 will be passed and fixes all of this nonsense.

My daughter and I recently spent a few days at the capitol advocating for the right to farm in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by hogmess View Post
      He has been posting for some time on tik tok about the matter. Without tik tok he wouldn’t have 1/2 the support. I see him doing nothing wrong with bailing hay in the city limits. At least that land is producing something until condos and business go on it.
      That's the problem, the land is producing for the farmer and not the city. You can bet the city council has developers in their ears, and likely in their pockets to try to help them get ahold of that land.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        That's the problem, the land is producing for the farmer and not the city. You can bet the city council has developers in their ears, and likely in their pockets to try to help them get ahold of that land.
        Being on the planning and zoning commision is where up and coming politicians learn how the be on the take. From there to the Whitehouse

Comment

Visions of Marvin Heemeyer and Killdozer are running through my head.

He couldn't get through the good old boy network of corrupt city officials and next door business owners who wanted his land so he built Killdozer and became a legend.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
            Visions of Marvin Heemeyer and Killdozer are running through my head.

He couldn't get through the good old boy network of corrupt city officials and next door business owners who wanted his land so he built Killdozer and became a legend.
            Your idea of a legend and mine are two different things. I get his issues with the city and how much of a pia they can be. But the man destroyed businesses and homes of people not involved in the fight.

Comment

First, some legends are good, some are not. I'm not taking a stance either way on this.

I've read a lot of details on Marvin Heemeyer and I'd say those businessmen were extremely corrupt and did everything they could to steal the land he bought at auction. The businesses he destroyed were owned by the people directly involved with / on city council that denied him permits he needed to put in a septic system to meet the city code. That was the straw that broke his back. Do I agree with what he did? No. But I also think the corruption at the city was just as atrocious.

Comment

geez

Comment

Working...
                X