Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Why America is in the state it's in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because of the cultural Marxists, their enablers (pandering politicians and media).

This all began with the rise of feminism, then "political correctness". We stood by for over a decade and acquiesced to their redefining words, tantrums, vilification of our Nation and anyone who expressed pride in it. Hell, we did basically nothing as they co-opted and *******ized what once symbolized God's greatest covenant to man.

Comment

Originally posted by IDFWU View Post
      That’s pretty much some bull$&@$. Plenty of evil has been carried out in the name of god or by those that are believers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Are you going to break this down for us?

Comment

That’s pretty much some bull$&@$. Plenty of evil has been carried out in the name of god or by those that are believers.

Those were people who turned away from God. "In the name of" does not mean they were followers or believers. It means they were trying to use "God" as a means to justify their own self righteousness and therefore were not of God. They are not true believers or followers of the Word of God. Carrying out evil in the name of God is impossible. It's like saying there's light in the darkness or darkness in the light. If it's dark there's no light. If there is light, it's no longer dark. If one is present, the other is absent. The same is true of "evil in the name of God". It can't be done.
        So yes, turning away from God causes evil to reign.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
          Those were people who turned away from God. "In the name of" does not mean they were followers or believers. It means they were trying to use "God" as a means to justify their own self righteousness and therefore were not of God. They are not true believers or followers of the Word of God. Carrying out evil in the name of God is impossible. It's like saying there's light in the darkness or darkness in the light. If it's dark there's no light. If there is light, it's no longer dark. If one is present, the other is absent. The same is true of "evil in the name of God". It can't be done.
          So yes, turning away from God causes evil to reign.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
          ^^^Nailed it..

Comment

Originally posted by PondPopper View Post
            1. We denounced GOD.
            2. Liberals and liberal agendas.
            And Trump hater’s like evil that will believe everything the democrat media say’s.
            Some people are naïve enough to believe anything they put out, before searching for the truth first.
            After all these years of lying, how can anybody believe one thing they say?
            They even were a big part of the (stolen) 2020 election, I haven’t watched Fox News, because they lied too.

Comment

Originally posted by PondPopper View Post
              ^^^Nailed it..
              Very well said rolylane6, but again, I disagree. And to respond to your initial request PondPopper, I'll explain a bit....but will have to keep it brief.

""In the name of" does not mean they were followers or believers" Perhaps, but perhaps not. They certainly think they were, their followers certainly think/thought they were. Many, if not most, certainly were devout, thought they were righteous, walked the path, prayed, asked for forgiveness, etc, etc, etc...but it didn't stop them.

I think we can all agree that evil comes in many forms and mass shootings aren't the only type.

Documented and continuing cases of child rape, molestation and abuse associated with various religious organizations in this country -

The subsequent cover up and hush money payouts -

The founding of a popular type of religion by men who were pedophiles -

White nationalism - (I'd argue that many WN's are sitting in church next to you on Sunday)

Christianity's view on homosexuality's - (and though I do believe Jesus did exist, and probably was a good dude...I don't believe he would have treated gay people the way many christians do...same with those that get abortions.

Those are just a few evil things that happen in this country and sorry for the short answer. Also, i'm not trying to convince anyone to stop believing....do what you do man, doesn't bother me, I just take a different view when people claim it's b/c god isn't in our country anymore.

Comment

Very well said rolylane6, but again, I disagree. And to respond to your initial request PondPopper, I'll explain a bit....but will have to keep it brief.

""In the name of" does not mean they were followers or believers" Perhaps, but perhaps not. They certainly think they were, their followers certainly think/thought they were. Many, if not most, certainly were devout, thought they were righteous, walked the path, prayed, asked for forgiveness, etc, etc, etc...but it didn't stop them.

I think we can all agree that evil comes in many forms and mass shootings aren't the only type.

Documented and continuing cases of child rape, molestation and abuse associated with various religious organizations in this country -

The subsequent cover up and hush money payouts -

The founding of a popular type of religion by men who were pedophiles -

White nationalism - (I'd argue that many WN's are sitting in church next to you on Sunday)

Christianity's view on homosexuality's - (and though I do believe Jesus did exist, and probably was a good dude...I don't believe he would have treated gay people the way many christians do...same with those that get abortions.

Those are just a few evil things that happen in this country and sorry for the short answer. Also, i'm not trying to convince anyone to stop believing....do what you do man, doesn't bother me, I just take a different view when people claim it's b/c god isn't in our country anymore.
                I don't disagree with some of the things you are say, but what is your opinion as to why America has turned into what it has became? Just wondering as you don't agree with turning on God, then what could it be?

Comment

It’s a good question.

Perhaps there is a thread of truth to what PondPopper is saying. Organized religion was created (among other things) as a way to control the population…and more people are starting to see through the falseness of it all.

So, viewing it that way, perhaps “WE” have denounced it. Though that isn’t the only reason the country is in its current state

The rise of social media, fake news, the speed of which information spreads all contribute…IMHO

I’d also add mental illness plays a huge roll. Idolization of evil doers may contribute. I don’t know the word for it but some people need/desire (especially young people) to show off, or prove they are better than their peers or idols they see online or tv.

Domestic violence

We just don’t care for one another anymore, it seems. And this happens both in the church and out of it.

Comment

It’s a good question.

Perhaps there is a thread of truth to what PondPopper is saying. Organized religion was created (among other things) as a way to control the population…and more people are starting to see through the falseness of it all.

So, viewing it that way, perhaps “WE” have denounced it. Though that isn’t the only reason the country is in its current state

The rise of social media, fake news, the speed of which information spreads all contribute…IMHO

I’d also add mental illness plays a huge roll. Idolization of evil doers may contribute. I don’t know the word for it but some people need/desire (especially young people) to show off, or prove they are better than their peers or idols they see online or tv.

Domestic violence

We just don’t care for one another anymore, it seems. And this happens both in the church and out of it.

Thanks for the reply. I do respect your reasoning, I am the last person to tell someone how they should believe or think.

But I will say this. At some point everyone will talk to God.

Comment

It’s a good question.

Domestic violence

You have some good points but I never said anything about organized religion. We probably agree about more than not on that topic.

GOD, the eternal, supreme being who created and preserves all things
                      and organized religion are two completely different subjects..

Comment

Working...
                      X