Digital electronic power meter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digital electronic power meter

Knock on the door informing me that a digital reader was going in.

Is this so our power can me shut off for non compliance?

Sorta kidding….sorta not

I thought that was voluntary.

Comment

It's so your power meter can be more easily and accurately read. I think this is a good thing. Cheaper to collect power use information, more accurate billing.

Comment

Turn it off with a push of a button or have a tech drive out and pull the meter. Not a ton of difference in my mind.

Comment

Big Brother at it's finest.

Comment

Most power companies just charge you if you don't get the smart meter because they have to physically send someone there to read it.

Supposedly it makes power cheaper because of that. I will tell you, it saved us to have a smart meter this last weekend when our old power provider randomly cut off our power without telling us, and ordered our meter pulled (Yes we were fully paid up, on auto pay). We were a day from having our meter pulled, and I was able to get ahold of Reliant and get everything squared away before they could do that.

Never use Pulse Power.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
              Most power companies just charge you if you don't get the smart meter because they have to physically send someone there to read it.

Supposedly it makes power cheaper because of that. I will tell you, it saved us to have a smart meter this last weekend when our old power provider randomly cut off our power without telling us, and ordered our meter pulled (Yes we were fully paid up, on auto pay). We were a day from having our meter pulled, and I was able to get ahold of Reliant and get everything squared away before they could do that.

Never use Pulse Power.
              There is a monthly fee and upfront charge if you decline the digital with AEP Swepco

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post

Never use Pulse Power.

Wow. I’ve been using PP for about a year and a half now with zero issues. You have my radar up now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 4wheels View Post
                  It's so your power meter can be more easily and accurately read. I think this is a good thing. Cheaper to collect power use information, more accurate billing.
                  Yea. Kinda like the when the car insurance company wants to add a GPS tracker on your car. You know, so your driving habits can be more easily and accurately read. You want to save $ don't you?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

See smart thermostats.

Laying groundwork for social credit system.

Change my mind. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                      See smart thermostats.

I dont think people have figured that out yet

Comment

From what I’ve been told is they can drop a “leg” so that you can only get 110v during peak demand. Meaning no a/c

Comment

We have even had them here in poduncville for a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                            See smart thermostats.

Shhhhh….. you are saying that out loud. You are supposed to say “Why yes, I would love for my use to be more accurately tracked so you can charge me more for not going green”.

If more people realized the truth and what it leads to then more people would fight it against it. It’s kind of like firearm registration. They just want to be able to more accurately track what is going on and where things are going.

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
                              Yea. Kinda like the when the car insurance company wants to add a GPS tracker on your car. You know, so your driving habits can be more easily and accurately read. You want to save $ don't you?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
                              Because we know the government would never buddy up with a business to gather information, restrict information, or use for dirty purposes where they're not allowed.

I've been saying for 25+ years Microsoft was in bed with politicians. Now many of them are (or it's more obvious they are). No other way to explain how a few companies get all the lucky breaks and no one else can compete.

Comment

Working...
                              X