Tyre Nichols videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tyre Nichols videos

Have you watched it, If so what are your thoughts on it?

I think all 5 of the officers should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
    What they did wasn't justified and can't be justified imo.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

I agree. I’ll bet most cops are sickened by it too

Comment

Why is it so hard to simply do what the cop asks? Not condoning their actions, but good grief, a yessir and simple compliance will get you a lot less dead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by super_dave View Post
        Why is it so hard to simply do what the cop asks? Not condoning their actions, but good grief, a yessir and simple compliance will get you a lot less dead

I agree with that 99.99% of the time.
        It'd be kinda hard to sit still getting sprayed with pepper spray while already on the ground.

Comment

We're in Memphis right now for the Blues Championships. A little touch and go around here.

Comment

No good will come on the events that took place in those videos.

Comment

Jail house justice coming soon...

Comment

Originally posted by super_dave View Post

The video I saw was started with the officers assaulting him. What happened prior to that? Was he pulled over or just walking down the street?

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                  The video I saw was started with the officers assaulting him. What happened prior to that? Was he pulled over or just walking down the street?

It was a traffic stop.

Comment

I've seen a couple of video's, but none that show him being beaten.

One showed him being pulled out of the car and then on the ground. He got pepper sprayed I think. Another showed him running off. And still another of him just lying by a car and officers milling around.

Anybody have a link showing him getting whacked around and screaming for his mother? That one I cannot find.

Comment

Everybody had body cameras on plus I'm sure they were aware of the pole cameras. Body cameras truly change the way officers act and interact on a scene especially when they know that video will be audited later on.

It seems like MPD doesn't have a robust auditing system in place for their videos in use of force incidents. These officers didn't seem fearful of the repercussions of their actions.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
                        I've seen a couple of video's, but none that show him being beaten.

One showed him being pulled out of the car and then on the ground. He got pepper sprayed I think. Another showed him running off. And still another of him just lying by a car and officers milling around.

Anybody have a link showing him getting whacked around and screaming for his mother? That one I cannot find.
                        https://www.police1.com/officer-misc...Ald7ZJQ1Mlgcp/

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post

I think he was working on his second escape attempt. He had already been pulled over once and decided to flee. These cookie cutter videos never show the whole picture. I think the moment the cop started kicking him in the head is where the cops went wrong but who knows what their department policy is on takedowns. Clearly there were enough bodies to have pinned him to the ground but ever since George Floyd many departments don't allow putting full body weight on a perps back. They in a ****ed if the do and ****ed if they don't situation. Taser did not seem to affect the perp.
                          Last edited by muzzlebrake; 01-28-2023, 07:52 AM.

Comment

How hard is it to drill in your kids head- Do whatever the cops tell you and we will work out the details later. My kids have had contact with Law Enforcement. I’m sure they were being knuckleheads. Guess what - they both told me Cops have told them thanks for cooperating and being respectful. I know my oldest was proned out and cuffed without incident- Guess what- it wasn’t him they were looking for on an Aggravated Robbery. And he is Autistic- But I have drilled it into both my boys

This case is not good for any LE- We will hear Training, special classes, and the list goes on. This is a hiring issue- standards have dropped over the last 10 or so years. People that now qualify and are hired now were told not to even apply.
                            Last edited by glen; 01-28-2023, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                              How hard is it to drill in your kids head- Do whatever the cops tell you and we will work out the details later. My kids have had contact with Law Enforcement. I’m sure they were being knuckleheads. Guess what - they both told me Cops have told them thanks for cooperating and being respectful. I know my oldest was proned out and cuffed without incident- Guess what- it wasn’t him they were looking for on an Aggravated Robbery. And he is Autistic- But I have drilled it into both my boys

This case is not good for any LE

For the most part, there is a segment of the population that drills into their kids heads that all cops are bad and they are not to do anything the police tell them to do. I drove an inner city school bus route for several years and saw it first hand. They are taught that if they do what they are told then they will be shot, I kid you not. The media makes things worse typically by not showing the full context of “police brutality”. It is a societal problem that is subsidized by our government, encouraged by the media/social media, and has been getting worse as time goes by.

Comment

Working...
                              X