Semi Auto License???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Semi Auto License???

Did a quick search but didn’t find anything on this.
    I know it doesn’t affect us in Texas but found it interesting as an amazingly stupid way of legislating rifles. Hopefully this insanity doesn’t grow.
    Apparently you now will need a license to possess a semi auto rifle in the state of New York. Yeah, that’ll fix everything.

A semi-automatic rifle license is now required in New York State to purchase and take possession of semiautomatic rifles. 

I am amazed it is new sales only. They will get to it next year...

Hunters bought 579,000 licenses in 2018, according to the F&WS. New York’s Department of Environmental Conservation
    Last edited by Johnny Dangerr; 09-18-2022, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Soooooooo, I’m assuming if you buy a bolt action, this isn’t required?

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post

Only for semi-auto bolt actions.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
          Nope… not until they decide they want ALL guns to be registered, err uh I mean licensed, not just pistols and semi autos

Comment

also known as the chigger method ...

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
              also known as the chigger method ...
              That’s a good one.

Comment

I fail to see how it's any different than requiring someone to get a license to carry a gun. Something many here support.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                  I fail to see how it's any different than requiring someone to get a license to carry a gun. Something many here support.
                  So you think it’s ok to get a license for anything you own or possess? We’re talking about going to classes, showing proficiency, getting a background check just to own a rifle. You ok with that? I guess it’s ok with you if we include shotguns in that too. How about pellet rifles and BB guns? Knives and slingshots next? It’s just another erosion of our liberties and rights.

Comment

That’s scary that someone on a hunting forum would make a comment like this! Disappointing n

Comment

Amazing how people will give away their rights out of fear or foolishness. Liberalism can never say "enough", it is a destructive force that can never be satisfied. It takes away until there is nothing left to take away except life itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                        So you think it’s ok to get a license for anything you own or possess? We’re talking about going to classes, showing proficiency, getting a background check just to own a rifle. You ok with that? I guess it’s ok with you if we include shotguns in that too. How about pellet rifles and BB guns? Knives and slingshots next? It’s just another erosion of our liberties and rights.

I am a in the no restrictions, Period. Camp

Many on this forum support having to jump through hoops to carry a gun. There are a lot of people who feel that way, unfortunately. That seems "reasonable" to a lot of people, including a large portion of gun owners. This is an easy sale to people like that and could easily work it's way into Legislation at the Federal Level. This is not something we should write off as far fetched or as "couldn't happen here"
                        Last edited by Clay C; 09-23-2022, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholson84 View Post
                          That’s scary that someone on a hunting forum would make a comment like this! Disappointing n
                          I'm not the one on this forum you should worry about. Go look at any of the past Constitutional Carry threads. My statement was 100% factual.

Comment

I'm not the one on this forum you should worry about. Go look at any of the past Constitutional Carry threads. My statement was 100% factual.
                            I think it is called "Freedom", not government control

Comment

Originally posted by Huntin View Post
                              I think it is called "Freedom", not government control

Huh?

Comment

Working...
                              X