Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

How's about a different approach…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How's about a different approach…

A little conviction for me here:

1Timothy 2:1-2

First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings be made on behalf of all men, for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity.

Like most of you all, I am truly concerned about the future of our nation. I have found my self railing against leadership (justifiably) alot these days. My conviction is on the undignified manner I have let some of it get.

So from now on, i am gonna click this thread as a reminder when I step into PACE, gonna pray for the Lords conviction into the heart of leadership.

Then jump into the threads…

Make no mistake we aint non of perfect but we can try…see you all in trenches

And God is sovereign! He will use any and everyone however He sees fit. So be rightously upset when you see evil but do not be discouraged for He is still in control!

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
      A little conviction for me here:

1Timothy 2:1-2

First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings be made on behalf of all men, for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity.

Like most of you all, I am truly concerned about the future of our nation. I have found my self railing against leadership (justifiably) alot these days. My conviction is on the undignified manner I have let some of it get.

So from now on, i am gonna click this thread as a reminder when I step into PACE, gonna pray for the Lords conviction into the heart of leadership.

Then jump into the threads…

Make no mistake we aint non of perfect but we can try…see you all in trenches
      All authority is appointed by HIM, yet no authority over HIM
      Yes.... we are commanded to pray and be subject to our governing bodies,
      If, and only IF they abide by God’s principles

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
        All authority is appointed by HIM, yet no authority over HIM
        Yes.... we are commanded to pray and be subject to our governing bodies,
        Yes Sir. That's right.

Comment

[QUOTE=Leemo;16380044]

Where is this verse found. I couldn't find it in my Bible.

Comment

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

[quote=Pstraw;16380185]
              Originally posted by Leemo View Post

Where is this verse found. I couldn't find it in my Bible.
              I dont believe it says it in so many words but it is found in many places in the context.
              Acts 5:29 says;
              and the apostles answered and said, We must obey God rather than men.”
              There are many other examples in the bible where the apostles and even Christ ignored man's laws to follow God's law instead.

Comment

We pray for them to come under conviction of their sin...pray the Lord gets their heart so that they will begin to lead with humility and the understanding of God righteousness.

Currently worldly governments are WAY outside the bounds of the authority and responsibilities that the Bible gives them...no way we pray for them to continue

Comment

[quote=rolylane6;16380259]
                  Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
                  I dont believe it says it in so many words but it is found in many places in the context.
                  Acts 5:29 says;
                  and the apostles answered and said, We must obey God rather than men.”
                  There are many other examples in the bible where the apostles and even Christ ignored man's laws to follow God's law instead.

I'm sorry that I didn't quote the entire text in post #3.
                  I understand the text in Romans 13: 1-2, and also I Tim. 2: 1-4. I just don't see where our prayers and submission are conditional "only if they abide by God's principles". I believe we are to do this because it pleases God, it's good, and it's the right thing to do. The leaders and authorities are in place because God put them there or allowed them to be there for His purpose
                  whether we see it or not.

Comment

Psalms 109:8

Comment

I like it.. Gotta have a plan always..

Comment

[quote=Pstraw;16380530]
                        Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post

I'm sorry that I didn't quote the entire text in post #3.

I understand the text in Romans 13: 1-2, and also I Tim. 2: 1-4. I just don't see where our prayers and submission are conditional "only if they abide by God's principles".
                        Prayers are seperate from submissions. We are commanded to pray for our leaders as well as our enemies and this will not cause a conflict between us and Gods Will for us. In fact, it puts us in alignment with His Will.
                        As for submissions, will you submit to something that causes you to sin against Gods law? Do you believe He wants that? I can't see how He would ask you to follow a law (of man) that would subject you to sin.
                        Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
                        I believe we are to do this because it pleases God, it's good, and it's the right thing to do. The leaders and authorities are in place because God put them there or allowed them to be there for His purpose

whether we see it or not.
                        He put them in a place of authority to serve His purpose, however, they are men who must still make choices. Just because He placed them there doesn't mean they are serving His purpose. I know men who were place by God as the leader (father/husband) of their family who are not leading them according to Gods laws. Nations are the same. We submit as long as it does not create sin in our lives. We pray regardless.

Comment

it is written.

Comment

Working...
                          X