Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another consequence from this train wreck admin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another consequence from this train wreck admin.

The service announced that individuals may enlist without previously required education certifications if they ship to basic training this fiscal year.

Kinda worrisome 'they' have managed to ruin the desire to serve our country...the laundry list causing this would be pages. From Afghanistan to going woke. Sigh.

Democrats destroy everything they touch.
    But it’s all part of their anti American plan.

Comment

I must be missing something here. Kids drop out of school for a lot of reasons. Things being horrible at home and looking to escape, out of control with no direction or discipline in life and etc.etc. Wouldn’t this be a great opportunity for a young person to learn the discipline that they may be lacking and turn into something great while serving our country at the same time? Why is this a bad thing?

Edit: I do see the point your making. Nobody is enlisting so the Army is having to lower their standards for recruitment. But I still see this as a good opportunity for high school drop-outs. Sorry for originally missing the point you are making.
      Last edited by Gumbo Man; 06-25-2022, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
        I must be missing something here. Kids drop out of school for a lot of reasons. Things being horrible at home and looking to escape, out of control with no direction or discipline in life and etc.etc. Wouldn’t this be a great opportunity for a young person to learn the discipline that they may be lacking and turn into something great while serving our country at the same time? Why is this a bad thing?

The death of american exceptionalism

This is just another example of lowering the bar. We won’t pope to be educated. I get that some kids don’t want to go to college but you have to have a minimum standard. No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Several guys I know had a choice. Go to the pen or go into the military.
          They came back different men, in a good way.

Comment

It's all part of the PLAN.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
              It's all part of the PLAN.
              When does the 10 days of darkness start? Or did I miss it?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                When does the 10 days of darkness start? Or did I miss it?
                it's been about 500 days of darkness now! oh, you mean lights/electricitymedia out....never mind.

Comment

Edit: I do see the point your making. Nobody is enlisting so the Army is having to lower their standards for recruitment. But I still see this as a good opportunity for high school drop-outs. Sorry for originally missing the point you are making.
                  Oh, I don't necessarily disagree...I had 2 or 3 buddies that dropped out, joined the workforce & became more successful than the overeducated. They would have been model soldiers sans degree. Never mind the voluntary forces of our world wars / draft history.

The issue is why are they having to drop the requirement?? It's because who wants to serve under this pathetic commander in chief...if there was a legitimate desire for the pentagon to deplete our forces then this wouldn't be happening, so disregard the the trollish idiocy.

If folks actually paid attn to what is happening globally & understood the massive growing strength of the China military, the smartassery would abide.

Comment

Your sentiment is correct. For young adults who have lost their way, the military might be a way out. Historically that has probably been true. I don’t know if the claims are true but how many kids were given the option, go to jail or enlist?

After 9-11 we are coming out of an era where there were enough recruits and the military could be more selective. It should not be a jobs program. So if the military is looking for someone with a high school diploma or somebody who appears to be a down and out high school dropout, which would you choose?

Then you look back at Roy Benavidez. An orphaned school dropout from Texas who joined the National Guard to try to get some direction and an education. This orphan with little to look forward to in life, who ran away from foster parents and likely joined the military as a means to get away, became one of the greatest heroes and public speakers that has ever served this nation. There is obviously some merit to your words. Like you said though, it is the reason they are doing it because they are running off the other potential good recruits

Comment

I never met anyone in the service that was a convicted of a serious crime and was allowed to join the military. I joined the Marine Corps in 1974-78 and never met one. Now I met some that became criminals while in the Corps but not for felonies.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                        The death of american exceptionalism

This is just another example of lowering the bar. We won’t pope to be educated. I get that some kids don’t want to go to college but you have to have a minimum standard. No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        And our standards are so low now that it is pitiful... This won't help.
                        Most graduating HS today are reading and writing at what was considered the 8th grade level in the 80's!!!! The dumbing down is in full swing.. Today's new military is the "WOKE" training grounds..
                        Last edited by PondPopper; 06-26-2022, 04:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                          And our standards are so low now that it is pitiful... This won't help.
                          Most graduating HS today are reading and writing at what was considered the 8th grade level in the 80's!!!! The dumbing down is in full swing.. Today's new military is the "WOKE" training grounds..
                          The dumbing down can be traced back to “No child left behind” which just adds to the government taking away people’s need to be responsible for their own actions. It is always someone else’s fault. It has been a slow systematic destruction of this country.

Comment

When I was drafted in 1966 it didn't mater if you had a HS diploma or not. You had a choice. Boot Camp or Canada. I served with a lot of HS dropouts that made great soldiers and became great citizens and some of them became lifers and had great careers.

Comment

The other thing to consider is they will take you even if you scored bottom of the barrel low on the ASVAB test...passing your state's GED doesn't take a brilliant mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X