Biden signs gun control law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biden signs gun control law

Just saw where the idiot signed the senate gun control bill. Anybody know what all this does to us?

I’ve been looking but can’t find exactly what is in it, other than extensive background searches on 18-21 year olds. Then there are red flag laws if states wish to install. If a state does, they receive federal funding. Then there is something called the “boyfriend loophole”!! Not sure what that means. Think I heard something about domestic abuse = not being able to buy a gun.
    John Cornyn said the other day it will have zero affect on law abiding gun owners.
    Sure John!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
      I’ve been looking but can’t find exactly what is in it, other than extensive background searches on 18-21 year olds. Then there are red flag laws if states wish to install. If a state does, they receive federal funding. Then there is something called the “boyfriend loophole”!! Not sure what that means. Think I heard something about domestic abuse = not being able to buy a gun.
      John Cornyn said the other day it will have zero affect on law abiding gun owners.
      Sure John!!!
      We, the people of the State of Texas, need to make sure Cornyn gets retired next time he’s up.

Comment

It's another nudge.

Comment

For me the take away is that it is just correcting some stupidity that came from law makers in the past. To my understanding the state or nation has viewed anyone under the age of 21 to young to smoke, drink, dip snuff, buy a handgun, but you can purchase a long gun including an AR 15. That’s just absolute idiocracy at work. But I’m sure that I will be wrong in a lot of peoples eyes. Common sense laws are only written by law makers that have common sense, so we’re screwed!!

Comment

One thing I like is that it puts the issue of red flag laws in state hands, rather than the feds. We need to start paying a lot more attention to electing our state reps. I don't like that the feds are dangling (our) money to get states to implement them.
            As they say, the devil is in the details.
            Stay tuned and stay alert.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
              We, the people of the State of Texas, need to make sure Cornyn gets retired next time he’s up.
              The biggest take away in my opinion is Cornyn has to go, what a Clown!!!!! A Democrat would never jump on board something Republicans want….

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                The biggest take away in my opinion is Cornyn has to go, what a Clown!!!!! A Democrat would never jump on board something Republicans want….
                Idiot John has a long time left and probably won't run next time. But, if he does, it's gonna be ugly for him. Go Cruz.

Comment

Folks better start paying attention to every election specially and most of all to school board elections… if kids continue to be indoctrinated as they have been, they will be voting for democrats in no time…

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                    For me the take away is that it is just correcting some stupidity that came from law makers in the past. To my understanding the state or nation has viewed anyone under the age of 21 to young to smoke, drink, dip snuff, buy a handgun, but you can purchase a long gun including an AR 15. That’s just absolute idiocracy at work. But I’m sure that I will be wrong in a lot of peoples eyes. Common sense laws are only written by law makers that have common sense, so we’re screwed!!
                    I agree somewhat.

We want you to fight and possibly die for your country at 18, yet we don’t trust you enough to do these other things is what I have hard time with.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                      I agree somewhat.

We want you to fight and possibly die for your country at 18, yet we don’t trust you enough to do these other things is what I have hard time with.
                      Very accurate view. Seems like our laws are always inconsistent and lacking good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post

Careful, hearing Cornyn has his eyes on McConnell’s job. Dude is dangerous for the Republican Party
                        He will screw us on immigration next

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                          Careful, hearing Cornyn has his eyes on McConnell’s job. Dude is dangerous for the Republican Party
                          He will screw us on immigration next

FJC. He can’t get enough of screwing us over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                            I agree somewhat.

I am slightly conflicted on the age restriction but 100% military service should exempt you from this restriction.

Comment

I’m not conflicted on the age thing at all. Either you are an adult are you aren’t.

If you are going to age restrict one constitutional right they all should be restricted.

Comment

Working...
                              X