Dead Cows!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead Cows!

Crazy story out of Kansas regarding the thousands of heads of cattle that died. Seems insane for that many to go out like this.

Dang
    Chickens, now cows, pigs are next. Killing our food supply chain
    Good thing we still got plenty feral hogs.

Comment

California’s largest pork production plant is closing so pork supply is being effected too!

The cows dying off were in Kansas. If they were all at one facility then it could be contributed to negligence. However, from what I heard, the cows that died were from multiple different locations in Kansas. Very odd indeed considering it is being claimed that heat killed them. However, it gets and has been hotter here without cows dying off in mass.

Comment

There are a lot of feed lots in SW Kansas, so no surprise there. I work with my FIL during the summer sometimes doing excavation work. He does a lot of work for National Beef. I noticed quite a few dead cows unloaded off the bull haulers. They sit for a while at the back off the plant and I'm not sure what they do with the dead carcasses.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe put a call in to Roger Staubach.

Comment

Gotta have a reason to push that scientifically engineered "meat".

Comment

Talked to a good friend that runs thousand of head of cattle and he said this happens almost every summer in feedlots through out the state. This incident just worse due to extreme heat

Comment

It happens from time to time with any livestock that are on full feed for the slaughter plants. We just heard about this one. I've seen in Mills county with 50k sheep on feed have a 10 to 15% mortality rate during the summer. My brother and I were the managers.

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
                  Maybe put a call in to Roger Staubach.
                  What’s that supposed to mean?

Comment

i heard they were blaming it on the heat, but it's hot in a lot of places where there are feed lots, i haven't seen mass die offs anywhere else.

i wonder what this is going to do to beef prices?

Comment

Not much. That isn’t many cattle in the long run at all sad though it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                        What’s that supposed to mean?
                        Ol Jer_James voted for Roger Staubach in the last prez election.

Comment

Working...
                        X