Dead Suspect Loophole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead Suspect Loophole

The loophole is frequently used by law enforcement officials in Texas to shield records related to a case in which a suspect dies in police custody.

Uvalde Shooting Records May Not Be Made Public Over 'Dead Suspect Loophole'

Seems like another way for govt to keep public info from their citizens. Also might be an incentive for cops to kill suspects. Just something to ponder.

Cops better move and move their family, a Mexican NEVER forgets…And rightly so !

Comment

Just more Political cover up.. This wouldn't even be an option on the table if he was a MAGA supporter..

Comment

While 911 tapes, communications between law-enforcement agencies and other evidence would likely be crucial in piecing together an accurate picture of what happened that day, it’s possible those records will not be made public because Ramos was killed by police.

The decision on whether or not to publicize the records around the massacre will be up to law enforcement.

What agency gets to make the decision?

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
          While 911 tapes, communications between law-enforcement agencies and other evidence would likely be crucial in piecing together an accurate picture of what happened that day, it’s possible those records will not be made public because Ramos was killed by police.

The decision on whether or not to publicize the records around the massacre will be up to law enforcement.

I believe the agency holding the information and if contested, the Texas Attorney General.

Comment

Sorry but if they seal all the recordings and videos I'm going to have to side against LEO for the first time. It's just too obvious a cover up of some kind if they get to 100% control what we are told.

I hope they release it all and LEO did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
              Sorry but if they seal all the recordings and videos I'm going to have to side against LEO for the first time. It's just too obvious a cover up of some kind if they get to 100% control what we are told.

I agree that they should released the information however you might realize the officers involved are not the ones making decisions. On several occasions I have asked that information be released including video in situations that I have been involved in or I am directly aware of because it was my agency. The requests were denied by the city leadership and legal department.

You can obviously believe whatever you want but sometimes you need to look at who is making decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

i'm going to say something that i probably shouldn't.
                so put your tin foil hats on...

how did this punk get these high end weapons and what ever on a Wendys pay?

has anyone ever looked at how the middle east terrorist bombers have operated?

well, someone aproaches a looser kid that doesn't have ****, and promises him that his family will be taken care of for the rest of their lives if he does this...what does he really have to loose?... nothing.

leave mom and pop who never gave a **** about him with a few $$$ to remember him by.

sound familiar??

so who is paying? i've got my suspects.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post

Attorney General? Lots of speculation as know decision has been made. I doubt this little misfits records will be the catalyst to turn folks against the majority of law enforcement.

Comment

Working...
                  X