No announcement yet.

Active shooter in Uvalde

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a nightmare of a presser...the whole event becomes more infuriating & sad by the day.

Comment

Originally posted by ttechdallas View Post
      Except that it is not all or nothing with regard to changing the legal age for purchasing firearms or particular firearms.

On the broader issue of gun "control", changes or improvements to gun regulations to make it more difficult for guns to be obtained for illicit purposes doesn't have to mean more restrictions for everyone. I'm sure
      there a lot of existing regulations that could be used, tweaked, or better coordinated/administered than they are now.

The left goes straight to take all the guns away and we go straight to they just want to take our guns away and therefore fight any proposed change or improvement. It is not healthy for the preservation of 2nd amendment rights to ignore and/or fight every single regulatory change as a violation of our own rights if it could help prevent these mass shootings - or put law enforcement in a better position to intervene before they happen.
      I'm pretty sure there are at least a couple thousand gun laws on the books already. I'm pretty sure most are ignored by criminals and judicial officials both.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
        That’s not at all what Cruz said. It sounds like you get your information from Jimmy Kimmel.

Cruz said that all doors should be locked and everyone entering the school should be made to go through one door that is monitored.

As you know, doors can be locked from the outside while having push bars to unlock from the inside for exactly the reason of fire escape.

No sir. I go to bed wayyy to early to watch night time tv.

This is the video I was referring to. Maybe I misunderstood but he says “Don’t have all these unlocked doors, only have 1 door into and out of the school.”

Which, won’t work too well during a fire.

This *****hole also says it’s terrible for people like Beto (who I hate by the way) to make this situation a political one then sucks himself for 2-3 minutes about all the political stuff he did since 2013 that would have prevented this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
          This press conference is a disaster for TEXAS DPS and the uvalde Pd & school district

That commander speaking is having a nervous breakdown

Do you have a link? Not sure which one you are referring to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
            So just to be clear, you are advocating for 21 and older to:
            • Vote
            • Be tried as an adult (sealed records for minors would also apply to a 20 year old)
            • Join the military
            • Get a tattoo
            • Get ANY kind of loan from a financial institution whether it be for a vehicle, school, land or whatever
            • Make ANY kind of decision on your own regarding your body: gender reassignment, abortion, fake boobs, hair plugs, ANYTHING
            • Be emancipated or live on their own without a guardian
            • I'm sure there are a ton of other things as well that an 18 year old shouldn't be able to do if they can't buy a gun or join the military

Because it is all or nothing if the reason is 18 year olds aren't mature enough
            Apples to Oranges.. Good reach though... Did any of your bullet points change when the drinking age was raised to 21???
            Last edited by PondPopper; 05-27-2022, 11:31 AM.

Comment

The left goes straight to take all the guns away and we go straight to they just want to take our guns away and therefore fight any proposed change or improvement.

It is not healthy for the preservation of 2nd amendment rights to ignore and/or fight every single regulatory change as a violation of our own rights if it could help prevent these mass shootings - or put law enforcement in a better position to intervene before they happen.
              How can you have these two conflicting ideas in the same stream of thought?

Comment

Terrible presser…..it looked really bad!

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                  I'm pretty sure there are at least a couple thousand gun laws on the books already. I'm pretty sure most are ignored by criminals and judicial officials both.
                  I agree. But look at how many warning signs fall through the cracks. I don't recall the source, but I remember reading recently that more than half of the mass shootings were telegraphed in social media by their perpetrators.

Not positive, but I'm pretty sure former Pres. Trump himself authorized an effort back during his tenure to look at how authorities could better cooperate across agencies, social media platforms, etc., to make it more difficult for bad people to purchase guns.

A lot of our legislation is flawed (across the board, not just gun related regs) because it is typically written by politicians based on who/what they blame. Kind of like the attempt to ban a specific firearm by the left. IMO, nothing wrong with fixing regs if it can make them more effective for their intended purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
                    So just to be clear, you are advocating for 21 and older to:
                    • Vote
                    • Be tried as an adult (sealed records for minors would also apply to a 20 year old)
                    • Join the military
                    • Get a tattoo
                    • Get ANY kind of loan from a financial institution whether it be for a vehicle, school, land or whatever
                    • Make ANY kind of decision on your own regarding your body: gender reassignment, abortion, fake boobs, hair plugs, ANYTHING
                    • Be emancipated or live on their own without a guardian
                    • I'm sure there are a ton of other things as well that an 18 year old shouldn't be able to do if they can't buy a gun or join the military

Because it is all or nothing if the reason is 18 year olds aren't mature enough
                    giving people less responsibility for a longer duration of their life

im sure all of those things will make for a more mature society. kinda like letting "kids" stay on their parents insurance until they are 26

Comment

Missed opportunities...

Grandmother calls 911 warns. No warning to campus

Teacher props door open and goes outside(smoke?).

Teacher sees wreck and gunman. Gets phone and goes back outside. Props door again.

Resource office gets call. Drives right past him and goes to smoking Teacher.

Shots fired . Where did officer go? Door still propped open.

Active shooter now known. Why was class rooms not locked down?

Shooter goes in unobstructed. Locks himself in with kids.

For bext hour cops consider him contained yet victims are constantly calling 911.

Cops tell kids to yell out if they need help. A little girl yells out for help. He shoots her in the head.

How many times can you screw up. I know it's a hard job under serious stress. This must be viewed as a case study on what not to do.

Comment

Except that it is not all or nothing with regard to changing the legal age for purchasing firearms or particular firearms.

On the broader issue of gun "control", changes or improvements to gun regulations to make it more difficult for guns to be obtained for illicit purposes doesn't have to mean more restrictions for everyone. I'm sure
                        there a lot of existing regulations that could be used, tweaked, or better coordinated/administered than they are now.

The left goes straight to take all the guns away and we go straight to they just want to take our guns away and therefore fight any proposed change or improvement. It is not healthy for the preservation of 2nd amendment rights to ignore and/or fight every single regulatory change as a violation of our own rights if it could help prevent these mass shootings - or put law enforcement in a better position to intervene before they happen.
                        so what additional requirements or regulations could you put in place that won't make it more difficult to obtain guns?
                        you can't reconcile that thought process. the whole point of any restriction is to make it more difficult and therein lies the problem.
                        do you think that chipping away at the 2nd amendment is healthy for the preservation??
                        the very definition of "preservation"
                        the act of keeping something as it is, esp. in order to prevent it from decaying or to protect it from being damaged or destroyed:

Comment

Facebook/Twitter/etc can perma-ban a conservative within minutes of posting a meme critical of Biden or covid policy but can't find a way to raise a red flag when a psychopath posts about shooting up a school.

But sure, let's take away everyone's 2A, cause guns are scary.

That's a hard no.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
                            How can you have these two conflicting ideas in the same stream of thought?
                            Because I have looked at the demographics of this country. Those fighting any form of gun control no matter what are in the minority but have been effective politically. The more of the majority who believe the only way for reasonable gun regs to be implemented is to repeal 2A altogether, the greater likelihood it could happen - eventually.

There are a whole lot fewer people in this country who grew up like we did. They haven't been around guns, gun owners, hunters, etc., who understand, respect, and appreciate guns/gun rights as we do. Most don't want to take our guns away. But they don't understand why we fight even the mere suggestion of a change to gun laws when they would have little if any impact to us.

You don't win people over to your side when you consistently belittle those with perfectly logical questions - including how does an 18 year old kid purchase two guns for the sole purpose of killing as many kids as he can and within a couple of days walks into an elementary school with 375 rounds of ammo and kills 21 people.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                                Missed opportunities...

Grandmother calls 911 warns. No warning to campus

Teacher props door open and goes outside(smoke?).

Teacher sees wreck and gunman. Gets phone and goes back outside. Props door again.

Resource office gets call. Drives right past him and goes to smoking Teacher.

Shots fired . Where did officer go? Door still propped open.

Active shooter now known. Why was class rooms not locked down?

Shooter goes in unobstructed. Locks himself in with kids.

For bext hour cops consider him contained yet victims are constantly calling 911.

Cops tell kids to yell out if they need help. A little girl yells out for help. He shoots her in the head.

How many times can you screw up. I know it's a hard job under serious stress. This must be viewed as a case study on what not to do.
                                Hate to break out my tin foil hat so soon. But man, a lot of things had to go wrong for all those little kids to get shot.

Hopefully just woefully incompetent but almost sounds sort of like the #1 federal prisoner in the country.

Taken off suicide watch.
                                Bunkmate removed from room.
                                Cameras did not work.
                                Guards fell asleep.
                                Did not hang himself.

Always seems like so many coincidences for these things to happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X