• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 68rustbucket View Post
    Voted early on Monday! No waiting.

Same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
      In #1, how is "a reduction on the limits" of how much elderly can be taxed any benefit? Because, that is what it's saying. That just means they can tax them more. Because they are "removing the limits of taxation". Right now there are limits as to how much people over 65 can be taxed. Removing those limits means taxes can be raised.

I'm against #1. People who are retired sometimes have fixed incomes. Removing the limits means they have less to live on. That's why the limits were put in place. To protect the seniors.

And for #2.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!
      It’s my understanding that the “limits” they are referring to are the limits set at age 65. Meaning, my school taxes are locked in or “limited” at the current rate when I turned 65. So no matter how much my taxes are raised, my school taxes can’t go up. But, the downside, as the law presently stands is that if the taxes go down, I’m still locked in to the rate I was paying at the time I turned 65 so I don’t get a reduction like everyone else. Supposedly, the new proposal would allow my taxes to go down like everyone else’s. That’s a good thing. Now my question is, once they go down (if they ever would) will they be locked in at the lower rate?

Truth be known, once you hit 65 and are no longer working all taxes should end or be greatly reduced.
      Last edited by Geezy Rider; 05-06-2022, 12:49 PM.

Comment

!
        Last edited by Txhunter3000; 05-06-2022, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Voted yes to both - the language is absolutely ridiculous.

Comment

Yes on both. And with the property tax assessments coming out now, it is the correct time to have this voted upon.

Our property assessment went up 29K from last year's. While our county population has increased, so has building homes and apartments. Thus, the property values have skyrocketed with the growth. I think the overall increase in values would negate the need for higher tax money for the schools.

Comment

I voted this AM. About 5 people there.

Comment

voted this morning as well. Decent turnout here.

Comment

Looks like both are passing easily.

Comment

They both passed by a large margin!

Comment

Originally posted by Olphart View Post
                      They both passed by a large margin!
                      I'm not at all surprised. Proposed amendments tend to pass in Texas. As of 2019 (the 86th Legislature), the Texas Legislature has proposed a total of 690 amendments. Of these, 507 (74%) have been adopted, and 180 have been defeated by Texas voters. Thus, the Texas Constitution has been amended 507 times since its adoption in 1876. (https://www.lrl.texas.gov/legis/ConstAmends/index.cfm)

Comment

I just couldn't fathom a movement showing up to vote no on these items.

Comment

Working...
                        X