Shanghai - anyone following?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shanghai - anyone following?

Three weeks ago China shut down and locked up every single person in Shanghai - under house arrest. They may leave only to get a Covid test. And if they test positive, they are carted off to a "quarantine center", which is even worse. No health care, only 1 toilet for over 100 people.

Staying at home means certain starvation. One guy even called the police to ask if he was arrested if he could get at least 1 meal. They said no and they would return him to his apartment. Like most people, he ran out of food last week. They only have water. Food is being shipped into the area, but it is left to rot on the trucks and then dumped. The ports are closed so getting supplies must come from other venues.

While China is reporting 20,000 new cases a day, they've reported zero deaths.

The sad part is, these people outnumber the government and police. If they could honestly organize without a person turning them in they could sweep the streets, even without firearms. A lot of people will die, but wouldn't they want to die trying than of starvation, alone in their apartments?

Tucker did a piece on this a couple days ago & showed vids of them rounding up pets to kill them in their covid fight.

I can promise you there are folks in govt who want the same here...

Comment

It is absolutely insane. I have a lot of friends over there right now living through this. Wechat is being so heavily monitored its hard to get anything factual across from over there and most are scared to comment on anything even regarding it.
      What I don't understand if why they are attempting this unachievable zero covid policy instead of just manipulating the numbers like they have always done. (and are currently doing with the death toll numbers)

Mine and my opinion only....I think the Chinese government saw some troubling unrest on the horizon and is doing this to reaffirm their power over the people. It has nothing to do with the covid numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
        It is absolutely insane. I have a lot of friends over there right now living through this. Wechat is being so heavily monitored its hard to get anything factual across from over there and most are scared to comment on anything even regarding it.
        What I don't understand if why they are attempting this unachievable zero covid policy instead of just manipulating the numbers like they have always done. (and are currently doing with the death toll numbers)

Mine and my opinion only....I think the Chinese government saw some troubling unrest on the horizon and is doing this to reaffirm their power over the people. It has nothing to do with the covid numbers.
        That’s exactly how authoritative governments work, they use crisis to further their power. If we had better leadership we could help inspire their people, but our leaders are some of the most incompetent people I have ever seen.

Comment

Your assumption is probably right on and they don’t mind shedding themselves of a few hundred thousand people or more
          Fewer mouths to feed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Communism always uses starvation to subdue the people. After reading your post I recall reading several months ago that the government was tightening its grip and returning to the Mao Zen Dong style of rule - mass starvation. I guess they think Shanghai was getting too capitalist.

Comment

The people tried an uprising in Tianium Square in 1989. That didn't turn out too well.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post

…….. The sad part is, these people outnumber the government and police. If they could honestly organize without a person turning them in they could sweep the streets, even without firearms. A lot of people will die, but wouldn't they want to die trying than of starvation, alone in their apartments?
                Originally posted by Walker View Post
                The people tried an uprising in Tianium Square in 1989. That didn't turn out too well.

I do not believe that any government can face massed opposition by a majority of the people.

That is why freedom of the press is so important, especially today with mass media outlets such as Facebook and Twitter. I believe that is why freedom of the press and freedom assemble in protest is in the First Amendment. The freedom to communicate and organize is the most powerful to against the government.

Tiananmen Square was isolated. It was a large protest but what if such a protest took place in 100 of the largest cities in China at the same time?

I never joined the conspiracy theory threads here and don’t believe in most of it or at least not to the extent of some people. I do believe however that is why we are currently seeing the discrediting of opposition such as January 6, covid opposition, etc., and the control of “private” media such as Twitter, etc.

Shutting down the chance to organize is vitally important to the current administration in my opinion. They will do so by discrediting anyone who has an opposition to the government. That could be anyone who supported January 6, anyone who speaks out against the government mandates for a Covid vaccine, anyone who speaks out against quarantine, etc.

Going into my, I hate to do this conspiracy mode, I think it is all very calculated. China is just ahead in the game of control.

Comment

In the middle of reading The Long Game, a book about China I highly recommend it.

Comment

if there were 100 tianamen square type of protests...china would send in their military and just start shooting..no due process and no caring what biden or anyone else thinks about it...the people serve the government.... not the right way round

Comment

Originally posted by 4dog View Post
                      if there were 100 tianamen square type of protests...china would send in their military and just start shooting..no due process and no caring what biden or anyone else thinks about it...the people serve the government.... not the right way round
                      I was sitting at a park in Ningbo,China 8 years ago and saw a about 5-6 people set up a table and get a bullhorn and start yelling. Drew a decent crowd. About 10 minutes later a police van showed up and took them away,table and all. I was able to grab on of the papers on the table and later had it translated. They were protesting the fact that in china that anyone wealthy who is in need of a organs for health reasons could get one quickly for the right price. They just kill someone who is in a jail, or a "reabilition camp" in the mountains and sell the organs. Pretty common apparently. There were a couple pictures of the disections and names on the flier for proof. I'll see if i can find my pics.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                        I do not believe that any government can face massed opposition by a majority of the people.

That is why freedom of the press is so important, especially today with mass media outlets such as Facebook and Twitter. I believe that is why freedom of the press and freedom assemble in protest is in the First Amendment. The freedom to communicate and organize is the most powerful to against the government.

Tiananmen Square was isolated. It was a large protest but what if such a protest took place in 100 of the largest cities in China at the same time?

I never joined the conspiracy theory threads here and don’t believe in most of it or at least not to the extent of some people. I do believe however that is why we are currently seeing the discrediting of opposition such as January 6, covid opposition, etc., and the control of “private” media such as Twitter, etc.

Shutting down the chance to organize is vitally important to the current administration in my opinion. They will do so by discrediting anyone who has an opposition to the government. That could be anyone who supported January 6, anyone who speaks out against the government mandates for a Covid vaccine, anyone who speaks out against quarantine, etc.

Going into my, I hate to do this conspiracy mode, I think it is all very calculated. China is just ahead in the game of control.
                        This right here. If you think for a minute that the radical leftist democrat's ultimate goal is not subjugation you need your head checked. The left would crush all of us in a second if possible. The left is actively colluding with the media and social media to censor opposition, bury opposing viewpoints and thought, bury damaging and inflammatory news, etc.... The DOJ and Intel agencies have been politicized to the point that they are no longer trustworthy. They are now the muscle for the left. CDC/FDA are no longer trustworthy institutions of public health and science. They have both been politicized and used by the left. The green energy BS is just a way to kill our energy production abilities, making it more and more difficult to independently travel and live our lives. All of this with the ultimate goal of controlling us so that we become heavily dependent on the government, then they can control every aspect of our lives. Covid was another opportunity for them. They love the power and control it gave them. I will never forget reading about how a Salt Lake Tribune newspaper op-ed actually and openly called for the unvaxed to be placed under house arrest. It also called for using the military to do it. If you think for a second that a certain segment of our population wouldn't support what is show in the video posted above, you are crazy. They would do it in a second if given the chance.

Comment

I would agree here.

Comment

I don’t understand why people aren’t outraged about what’s going on in Shanghai like they are for Ukraine? Is it maybe cause they’re TV didn’t tell them to be?

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                              I don’t understand why people aren’t outraged about what’s going on in Shanghai like they are for Ukraine? Is it maybe cause they’re TV didn’t tell them to be?

No doubt

Ukraine doesn’t provide walmart with a bunch a cheap ****

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X