Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My latest response from my anti-gun U.S. Rep....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My latest response from my anti-gun U.S. Rep....

"
    Thank you for contacting me about gun violence prevention. I appreciate hearing from you on this matter, and I value the chance to respond.

Public safety is the first obligation of government. I am committed to working with my colleagues in Congress to pass common-sense gun safety laws to keep Americans safe. That is why I cosponsored and voted for H.R. 8, the Bipartisan Background Checks Act of 2021. This bill ensures that background checks are extended to all gun sales while establishing family-member exemptions. Background checks are essential to ensuring purchasers have no legal barrier to purchasing a firearm, and this legislation closes the loophole exempting gun show purchases from these critical background checks. I also voted in favor of H.R. 1446, the Enhanced Background Checks Act of 2021, to address the Charleston loophole which allows a licensed gun dealer to transfer a gun to a customer if a background check is not completed within three days. Our neighbors-many of them gun owners-have told me how important these efforts are to making us safer.

H.R. 8 and H.R. 1446 both passed the House of Representatives on March 11, 2021 and are now in the Senate where I hope they will receive due consideration. Important gun safety measures were also critical parts of H.R. 1620, the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2021, which passed the House of Representatives on March 17, 2021.

I have also cosponsored H.R. 825, the Gun Violence Prevention Research Act of 2021, to fund research on firearms safety and gun violence prevention at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and H.R. 1808, the Assault Weapons Ban Act, to regulate assault weapons in this Congress.

We must use our common sense to protect our communities from gun violence. Please be assured that I will continue to support these efforts and will keep your thoughts in mind as relevant legislation comes before me.

I am honored to be your representative in Congress. I hope you will continue to share your thoughts with me and my team, and, if you have not done so already, you will sign up for my email list and follow my official Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram accounts.

We have a talented and dedicated team that serves our district and is prepared to answer questions or help with other matters in our offices in Washington and in Houston. You can reach us at the numbers above any time.
    Cordially,
    Lizzie Fletcher signature.
    Lizzie Fletcher
    Member of Congress"

Screw this *%&^%. I wrote her to oppose a gun control bill, and I get her canned anti-gun diatribe.

What'd you expect from a communist?

Comment

Did you write that traitor John Cornyn about his yea vote on the VAWA and the nationalizing of local law enforcement tby authorizing deputization of local law enforcement officers at ATF agents?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
        "
        Thank you for contacting me about gun violence prevention. I appreciate hearing from you on this matter, and I value the chance to respond.

Public safety is the first obligation of government. I am committed to working with my colleagues in Congress to pass common-sense gun safety laws to keep Americans safe. That is why I cosponsored and voted for H.R. 8, the Bipartisan Background Checks Act of 2021. This bill ensures that background checks are extended to all gun sales while establishing family-member exemptions. Background checks are essential to ensuring purchasers have no legal barrier to purchasing a firearm, and this legislation closes the loophole exempting gun show purchases from these critical background checks. I also voted in favor of H.R. 1446, the Enhanced Background Checks Act of 2021, to address the Charleston loophole which allows a licensed gun dealer to transfer a gun to a customer if a background check is not completed within three days. Our neighbors-many of them gun owners-have told me how important these efforts are to making us safer.

H.R. 8 and H.R. 1446 both passed the House of Representatives on March 11, 2021 and are now in the Senate where I hope they will receive due consideration. Important gun safety measures were also critical parts of H.R. 1620, the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2021, which passed the House of Representatives on March 17, 2021.

I have also cosponsored H.R. 825, the Gun Violence Prevention Research Act of 2021, to fund research on firearms safety and gun violence prevention at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and H.R. 1808, the Assault Weapons Ban Act, to regulate assault weapons in this Congress.

We must use our common sense to protect our communities from gun violence. Please be assured that I will continue to support these efforts and will keep your thoughts in mind as relevant legislation comes before me.

I am honored to be your representative in Congress. I hope you will continue to share your thoughts with me and my team, and, if you have not done so already, you will sign up for my email list and follow my official Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram accounts.

We have a talented and dedicated team that serves our district and is prepared to answer questions or help with other matters in our offices in Washington and in Houston. You can reach us at the numbers above any time.
        Cordially,
        Lizzie Fletcher signature.
        Lizzie Fletcher
        Member of Congress"

Screw this *%&^%. I wrote her to oppose a gun control bill, and I get her canned anti-gun diatribe.

Shes a democrat

Were you expecting a different response?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

You need to call if you want any sort of response. Did you really think you would get anything better than a canned letter?

Comment

Working...
          X