Covid vaccine questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
    Your first sentence is absolutely true. Your second sentence is total BS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m not arguing but karen croake heisler died of cancer complications. But was having heart issues when she gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      But 97% of people pre-vaccine had mild symptoms and didn't die or get hospitalized, right?
      97% of the people I know seem to have forgotten this

Comment

My wife and I both got the Pfizer vaccine. Both had mild symptoms after the first shot and nothing but a sore arm after the second.

Comment

Moderna back in March and April. First shot I had no side effects, didn't hurt, nothing. Second shot what very sore for a few days, it felt like the lady jabbed me with a butter knife. Worst shot I ever had. With one of my wife's shots, I don't remember if it was the first or second, she felt like she had a mild case of the flu for a day the day after.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ATXRaider83 View Post
            It's wierd how everyone thats pro vaccine knows people unvaxxed that died of covid and the anti vaxers all know someone that had terrible reactions or died from the jab. It's almost like alot of yall spend too much time reading bogus internet articles. Which side is it.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
            Luckily I’ve got a couple of family members in the medical field that see what’s happening everyday. I just ask them a question from time to time. Not often though cuz I’m over all of this. I chose to not get the shot, but I do not have a problem with anyone that made the choice to get the shot. To each their own.

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
              For those who don't mind answering of course. The short story is my wife's younger cousin in his 30's is about to pass away from covid. It has her thinking we should get the vaccine as her cousins wife and kids had the vaccine and he did not. So without further jabbing. What vaccine did you get Moderna or Pfizer? Any side affects? Trying to figure out what to get if we make the decision. Thanka for any input
              To answer your question, without regard to any side effects, which for the vast majority of people seems to be mild-to-negligible, the data appears to give the edge to the Moderna, for longer term efficacy, in all of the studies that I’ve seen.

Here is one example. An excerpt:

Data collected from 18 states between March and August suggest the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine reduces the risk of being hospitalized with COVID-19 by 91% in the first four months after receiving the second dose. Beyond 120 days, however, that vaccine efficacy drops to 77%.

Meanwhile, Moderna’s vaccine was 93% effective at reducing the short-term risk of COVID-19 hospitalization and remained 92% effective after 120 days.

Good luck, whatever you choose to do.

Comment

My 2020 case of covid sounds much less worse than most reactions to the jab.

I know lots of folks who have had severe issues with the jab, and more folks who have had little to no reaction to covid.

Comment

COVID in December here. Three days then ER visit for IV and drugs. Felt fine after 4th day beside onset of Vertigo for 5 miserable days.
                  I work for a medical school, my choice to take vaccine after catching it. I saw what virtual learning did to the medical students so I decided to take Moderna vac in the end of January. First dose. Thinking I’ve had the antibodies it wouldn’t hit me hard. Got sicker than a dog for two days. Two weeks later took the second shot, 930 am in the morning. By 1130 that night I was at ER getting iv and drugs to stop me hurting and dry heaving non stop. Down for two days again. I give blood every two months , been positive antibodies since then. 4 in a roll. My coworker got J&j and got COVID after. My boss got moderna and just came up positive a Friday. It effects everybody different which is strange. There is a study that was released saying natural immunity is 20 times higher than the vaccines after catching COVID. Good luck on your choice.

Comment

Moderna. Now Microsoft Windows never has to ask for my location when browsing the internet. It’s been really nice.

Also, no COVID has been nice. I live pretty carefree now. Everyone should try it.

Comment

Originally posted by ATXRaider83 View Post
                      It's wierd how everyone thats pro vaccine knows people unvaxxed that died of covid and the anti vaxers all know someone that had terrible reactions or died from the jab. It's almost like alot of yall spend too much time reading bogus internet articles. Which side is it.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
                      Exactly why I haven’t got it.

I’m not against it. I just want to make an educated opinion. I can’t do that with the current info out. BOTH sides seem full of it.

I want good honest unbiased long term info on side affects. Lung issues. Heart issues etc.

It’s so politicized that it’s making that impossible. Wife and I both had covid. Confirmed by tests. And I’m unsure if natural immunity is better than the shot. I just want honest info and can’t get it!

I’m tuned in to read all this for first hand info.

Off topic question. Kinda.

A few of you say you had a “break through case”. What’s that mean? Serious.

Comment

Breakthrough case means they got Covid after the vaccination.

Comment

My wife and I did the best research we could and decided to get the Johnson and Johnson. Wanted a more traditional vaccine instead of the MRNA versions.
                          Just personal preference of what we were comfortable with.

Comment

Matt, a "break through case" is someone who got a vaccine. But still contracted Covid-19. The covid "broke through" the vaccine barrier.

Edit: Dang, I must be slooooooooooow.

Comment

We got a really quick cold that lasted a few hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                                Breakthrough case means they got Covid after the vaccination.
                                10-4. I knew they toted it as preventing you from catching it or spreading it at first once vaxxed. Obviously common knowledge that it only helps reduce symptoms. Thanks for the info.

Who knows if we will ever get honest info about it to make an educated opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X