Cloud seeding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cloud seeding

Cloud seeding; Apparently this is has been around for a while but it's new to me. Came across a newly posted videos about it. This gives a new meaning to the "climate change" push. You can draw your own conclusion.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2j4WEvrJbs"]How artificial rain works - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CoyfM4gR7M"]Dubai artificially creating rainstorms with drones and electricity - YouTube[/ame]

They been doing it for a long time.
    We just had a thread on it a few weeks ago with some good links.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
      They been doing it for a long time.
      We just had a thread on it a few weeks ago with some good links.
      I guess I missed it! Sorry for a repost!

Comment

"It's not nice to fool Mother Nature."

you 70's kids will remember that one

Comment

Originally posted by Duckhead78 View Post
          I guess I missed it! Sorry for a repost!
          It's all good, makes me no difference

Comment

North Dakota still does it I’m told. It is said to be the cause of very large hail to fall in neighboring Montana and ND. I got to see the aftermath of a suspected seeded storm that came from North Dakota into Montana. The hail was gargantuan in size and sure did some damage.

Comment

They used to do it in Vietnam

Comment

It has been used all around the world for decades.

Cloud seeding was done in Vietnam to extend the monsoon season.

China used cloud seeding to prevent rain several years ago when they hosted the olympics.

Cloud seeding has also been done for several years out in west Texas(don’t know if they are still doing it or not).

It is nothing new, but for many decades was considered a conspiracy theory. I find it funny that most conspiracy theories 20 years ago are no longer conspiracies because they have been proven to be true.

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post

China used cloud seeding to prevent rain several years ago when they hosted the olympics.

Cloud seeding has also been done for several years out in west Texas(don’t know if they are still doing it or not).

It is nothing new, but for many decades was considered a conspiracy theory. I find it funny that most conspiracy theories 20 years ago are no longer conspiracies because they have been proven to be true.
                  As of a couple years ago they were doing it in the Wichita Falls area.
                  Had a piece in the paper about it.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                    As of a couple years ago they were doing it in the Wichita Falls area.
                    Had a piece in the paper about it.

Yep, they’re still doing it. Did a quick search for it and a .gov website pulled up showing what they did last year.

https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/weather/summary.htm

Comment

They used to do it in the Panhandle in the 70s. It made it hail more often than not, and the farmers didn't like it so much. I heard stories of farmers shooting at the planes. Don't know if it happened, but I know some of them were mad enough to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post

I have a feeling it won't take 20 years to prove the next round....

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
                          I have a feeling it won't take 20 years to prove the next round....

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
                          Lol I was thinking the same thing. Seems like the conspiracy theory exposing is in fast forward.

Comment

Working...
                          X