Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the USA becoming a 3rd world Country?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the USA becoming a 3rd world Country?

I started a thread a few months back about shortages in materials/products. And about inflation. Now it seems more things are screwed up now than ever before with most people not working.

A few examples... Brokerages suck now. Hard to do wire transfers. Hard to withdraw money. They seem to have no clue what they're doing. Wait times are still stupid long from what I hear at nearly all online brokers.

Some companies already blew..but OTR Mobile is switching again and our internet was just cut off. We're back in town with our daughter in town and the internet here just went out yesterday. Now I have 2 ATT trucks outside trying to get the speed back up. I'll be happy with 6mbps which is sad.

Burger King hasn't had hamburgers in 5 days (I was just told) Can't get their broiler fixed. This BK is only about 2 years old.

Car lots are still empty.

The covid excuse at this point is hogwash IMO.

Anyone else think things will just continue to get worse? Maybe they're conditioning us to just accept that everything will take a long time from now on. Electricity may just be a luxury at some point.

Yep! They are even bringing more refugees to help speed it up.

Comment

I truly don’t understand the “USA is a third world country with a Gucci belt” or anything along those lines.

Have people who make these remarks never been to a 3rd world country?

It seems more of a extension of “1st world problems” them anything else.

Comment

yes

we have been on that path since Hart/Celler

You can't bring "There" here, without "Here" becoming there.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
          I truly don’t understand the “USA is a third world country with a Gucci belt” or anything along those lines.

Let's just say we're at 2 1/2.

Comment

Heck we have been in a spiral for while, homeless encampments and People everywhere, political strife, juggalos running every thing , corporate America running the common people into the ground , corporate farming crushing our farmers, ect ect
            Prime example is your original complaint being a slave to AT&T

Comment

I think on supply side China is flexing their muscle showing the USA that we can't live without them anymore. Computer chips, etc.

Comment

In the world of semiconductor production we are a dependent of the third world countries.... It will get worse, maybe way worse, before it gets better.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                  I think on supply side China is flexing their muscle showing the USA that we can't live without them anymore. Computer chips, etc.
                  I believe you are right.

Comment

Nope, the mass majority have not. [emoji849] Mexico is not even close to 3rd world for the sadly uninformed.
                    Another proverbial speed bump in the loooong arch of history. I know I will come out even better than going into this slump......but that tends to be the way I view all things in life.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep
                      Getting harder to get whiskey, nobody making the bottles the whiskey goes in!
                      What’s this country coming too!

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                        In the world of semiconductor production we are a dependent of the third world countries.... It will get worse, maybe way worse, before it gets better.
                        Funny how exploiting cheap labor in 3rd world countries doesn't get a thought while folks shout for $15/min wage here.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                          Burger King hasn't had hamburgers in 5 days (I was just told) Can't get their broiler fixed. This BK is only about 2 years old.

They just tore down the Popeye's closest to our office to widen a road. You may be on to something here.

Comment

I didn't say he are 3rd world.

I was asking if the trend continues and products/services get even harder to get, and people don't work, etc... are we headed that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                              Nope, the mass majority have not. [emoji849] Mexico is not even close to 3rd world for the sadly uninformed.
                              Another proverbial speed bump in the loooong arch of history. I know I will come out even better than going into this slump......but that tends to be the way I view all things in life.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                              This thread has zero to do with how much you profited off covid

Are things in your life harder, easier, or the same now?

Can you travel just as easy as before? Can you just get up and go eat out where ever and whenever you want without worry of are they even open, have enough employees, requirements etc? Still just as quick and easy to hire someone to fix your plumbing, AC, get parts, buy a new truck? Try hiring a fencing crew to build a fence. And on and on and on..

Was just thinking if this is by design and it gets worse it's going to suck.

Comment

Working...
                              X