Covid PCR Test Recalled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LWC View Post
    My understanding is that the rapid test RT-PCR is a PCR test.

https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dls/locs/2...Testing_1.html
    That is incorrect. The antigen is the only rapid test. RT-PCR does not exist. They are only referring to the antigen tests in that recall.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
      ...for not being accurate. Imagine that! All part of the scam

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/...isk-false-test
      I don’t know what is a scam or what is not with Covid but reading this article, it was only tests put out by one company for a 4 1/2 month period. The FDA still backs up other tests.

It appears to be no different than a recall of many other products every year.

Comment

Covid PCR Test Recalled

My understanding is the PCR (polymerase chain reaction) must be done in a sophisticated lab and takes much longer than the antigen on-the-spot tests that have 30 minute results . Two very different tests.

The antigen tests are not able to identify the Delta-variant (even the name sounds sinister). State health labs test some number of covid-positives on a recurring basis by PCR and come up with a Delta-positive percentage.

You or I don’t know from an antigen test what variant one is positive with.

My analogy is you fall and your arm hurts, the doctor agrees and finds i n the most recent survey, that 4% of all hurt arms are broken. Thus you are put in a cast for a broken arm.

But I have a BS in Biochemistry and was an analytical chemist for 5 years, and then sold analytical testing equipment (not PCR) for 4. But what do I know?

RTP- where you’re headed I’d be more concerned about the fires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Bill; 07-28-2021, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dphillips62 View Post
          I just had the antibody blood test done & about to find out if I still have the antibodies from over a year ago when I got Covid. Doc says he would be surprised if I show antibodies after this long but it was free so I thought what the heck.
          Find out yet?

Comment

Working...
          X