Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Senate Panel Votes to Make Women Register for the Draft

Here's the article LINK

In my white eyed view of he federal government these days, this appears to me to be a way to identify and track every able bodied person but then again, so is social security numbers.

Why even have a draft?? It has not been needed since the Viet Nam war and it was the only time it was used.

Correction added below
    Last edited by Dusty Britches; 07-26-2021, 08:30 AM.

It wasn’t used in wwii?

Comment

Well I'll be - you are correct - conscription was always used.

Though the Selective Service System as we know it today was not in use, the United States has used systems of conscription since the Revolutionary War era. Conscription was used in World War I with the draft mechanism in both instances being dissolved at the end of hostilities. In 1940, prior to U.S. entry into World War II, the first peacetime draft in our nation’s history was enacted in response to increased world tension and the system was able to fill wartime manpower needs smoothly and rapidly after the attack on Pearl Harbor. At the end of the war, the draft law was allowed to expire, but it was reenacted less than two years later to maintain necessary military manpower levels as a result of the Cold War.

From 1948 until 1973, during both peacetime and periods of conflict, men were drafted to fill vacancies in the armed forces which could not be filled through voluntary means. Induction authority expired in 1973, but the Selective Service System remained in existence in “standby” to support the all-volunteer force in case of an emergency. Registration was suspended early in 1975 and the Selective Service System entered into “deep standby”.

History and Timeline

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
        Here's the article LINK

In my white eyed view of he federal government these days, this appears to me to be a way to identify and track every able bodied person but then again, so is social security numbers.

Why even have a draft?? It has not been needed since the Viet Nam war and it was the only time it was used.

Correction added below
        It was used in more than Vietnam.

My maternal Grandpa was drafted into WWII in October 1941.
        He served on the Pacific Theater. He was involved in the Battle of Saipan.

When we go to God by prayer, the devil knows we go to fetch strength against him, and therefore he opposeth us all he can.

R. Sibbes

Comment

It is sad what are country has become. I am a old no doubt sexist man but men and women are not the same. Women have a small neck and can’t take a punch but are so much better than men at almost every thing in life. They make babies, make a house a home, love harder and care more than any man can ever do. When it comes to delivery of great violence…. Men are built for it. A million years of evolution has just made men better equipped for it

Comment

Im not sure there will ever be another real war fought with boots on the ground. Political wars, yes. I dont think women should be drafted into service but if they are shouting for equal rights well there they have it. Got to take the good with the bad. No crying by all these WOKE folks if and when the women get drafted into service.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
              It is sad what are country has become. I am a old no doubt sexist man but men and women are not the same. Women have a small neck and can’t take a punch but are so much better than men at almost every thing in life. They make babies, make a house a home, love harder and care more than any man can ever do. When it comes to delivery of great violence…. Men are built for it. A million years of evolution has just made men better equipped for it
              I'm a young lady and I agree.

Comment

Working...
              X