South African Riots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South African Riots

I didn't know about the riots in SA until posted here. I decided to start a new thread because I think it is important.

Here's the article LINK

They start out saying the riots were started in response to the former president turning himself in to serve a 15 month sentence for corruption but if you read the whole thing you realize there is more to it. The last statement indicates the government has a bill to ban private ownership of firearms. SA currently has some strict laws and licensing requirements which includes the amount of ammo a license may own and possess.

So I clicked on the last statement's link Firearms Amendment Bill to see what this was all about. That link takes you to a pro-firearms group. They have 3 ways to contact the government. I clicked on the first, preferred, method. And there is a form, which I completed, but did not use my phone number or email address (I made up the latter.)

I felt compelled to comment on their bill, especially after watching the video clip of the people shot in the head along the side of the road.

Rwanda/Rhodesia 2.0

Comment

I'm keeping up on the Africa hunting site. Some of the guys that live there are doing updates. From what I can surmise it is really bad, but localized.

Comment

Why is not on the news? I haven’t seen anything on FOX. Just fb posts from a friend who is from SA. Looks really bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
          Why is not on the news? I haven’t seen anything on FOX. Just fb posts from a friend who is from SA. Looks really bad.

Because it's not "news", it's propaganda, they only tell you what they think you need to hear. Much like the goings on in Cuba.

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post

I’d guess because the gov has instructed them not too so that Americans don’t gain insight into how bad looting/rioting can be and to keep good Americans from taking action

Comment

I hope this crap doesn't travel to Northwest Africa. I'm travelling home from work by myself through Senegal on Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                Because it's not "news", it's propaganda, they only tell you what they think you need to hear. Much like the goings on in Cuba.

Agree. That’s my point. Not a word about it.

Comment

Working...
                X