Infrastructure improvements thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BowhunterB View Post
    Which post is that? Those who have read it sat that 2/3 of it is related to Green Energy funding.
    The one that oversimplifies the way infrastructure is paid for as a part of the anti-bill propaganda.
    “Airports are paid for by ticket sales” is an example of a sweeping oversimplification that is, in fact, incorrect.
    The infrastructure bill is a typical disaster, I figure anything this administration comes up with is going to be easy to blow big holes in.
    Making false statements as part of a counter argument only ruins your own credibility.

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
    Everything I have seen has only 1/3 of the 2+ trillion being spent on infrastructure.

Even the moderate dems are shooting it down!
    It’s a bad bill, no doubt about that!

Comment

I have no idea of the costs associated with the construction/upkeep of roadways any longer, but the toll road insanity is going to drive me nuts up here around the metroplex.

Talk about follow the money ... Effing a

Comment

It’s a trash bill. Zero chance of passing. I’d be all for an actual real infrastructure improvement bill that deals with roads, airports, ports, anything that’ll make us more commercially competitive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
          The bill is over 80% waste with almost nothing to do with "infrastructure." The dem talking points to spin this are attempting to redefine the traditional definition of "infrastructure." Some are on camera stating as such.

Typical dem tactic. Take a word or phrase and continue to redefine it in order to keep covering their needs. Eventually, the word or phrase no longer has a meaning as the definition has either been changed so many times or it has been expanded to the point of including basically everything.
          Wouldn’t it be nice if we had a media that would actually tell the masses the truth?

Comment

Let us hope a lot gets cut

$400 billion toward expanding access to quality, affordable home- or community-based care for aging relatives and people with disabilities.

If you have a older family member or your wife can pass you off as deficient you get a check.

How about fix Social Security and Medicare instead. I am not counting on them but I do not want to see the chaos when they suddenly become insolvent.

Still could be exponentially better than the 3 stimulus bills.

Comment

I bet that after 2 trillion allocated and spent we still have stories in 10 years from now about how our bridges are in dire need of replacement, out roads still suck and how there is still a need to bring internet access to the poor people of color

Comment

In 2011 President Obama tried a infrastructure bill that was to have "shovel ready jobs".....it never got off the ground. NO funding, so it died. Five years later President Trump stood in front of a bridge in Ohio (Cincinnati I think) and said he would get it done. His infrastructure bill made zero progress either and died on the vine. Now President Biden has a pork riddled bill that is struggling to gain acceptance.
                Bottom line to all of this.........roads, bridges, ports, airports, sewage plants, water pipes, etc............are all deteriotiaring at a FAST pace. Our best airports in the nation don't hold a candle to most in Asian countries and many emerging countries. WE have been falling behind for 30+ years and the red tape continues to get deeper. Are we going to move forward? Or just watch our infrastructure totally implode? I dont have the answer but I can tell you arguing about who gets it done is idiotic........WE are in decline and WE better take care of the foundational & structural areas of this nation.

Comment

Infrastructure improvements thoughts

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                  In 2011 President Obama tried a infrastructure bill that was to have "shovel ready jobs".....it never got off the ground. NO funding, so it died. Five years later President Trump stood in front of a bridge in Ohio (Cincinnati I think) and said he would get it done. His infrastructure bill made zero progress either and died on the vine. Now President Biden has a pork riddled bill that is struggling to gain acceptance.

Bottom line to all of this.........roads, bridges, ports, airports, sewage plants, water pipes, etc............are all deteriotiaring at a FAST pace. Our best airports in the nation don't hold a candle to most in Asian countries and many emerging countries. WE have been falling behind for 30+ years and the red tape continues to get deeper. Are we going to move forward? Or just watch our infrastructure totally implode? I dont have the answer but I can tell you arguing about who gets it done is idiotic........WE are in decline and WE better take care of the foundational & structural areas of this nation.
                  Dang well said. All you have to do it travel around the country and see how much of our transportation system is in poor repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                    They dont want to get it done - that cuts into the profits of the tollways and pads the pockets of Govt.

Comment

Working...
                    X