No announcement yet.

All conservatives please read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think the OP is talking about "trolls" like the new version. He means the few people who really are liberal. There's a line that some are way over.

Like the ones who think zero cheating or fraud happened in the election.

Comment

All conservatives please read

Originally posted by jerp View Post
      So you only want to have discussions with those you agree with?

Originally posted by ttechdallas View Post
      How would that not make us just like them? Aren’t we supposed to be better than they are? I never understood the “ignore” thing either. Surely we don’t get triggered.

I think it’s ridiculous that grown men can’t stand to have a reasonable conversation with someone who has a differing view.

I can and do completely disagree with their stance but I also am not so sensitive (triggered?) that I can’t carry on a civil conversation with them.

And if they are here only to antagonize I know how to read right past their stuff and don’t need a snowflake ignore button.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        I think it’s ridiculous that grown men can’t stand to have a reasonable conversation with someone who has a differing view.

I can and do completely disagree with their stance but I also am not so sensitive (triggered?) that I can’t carry on a civil conversation with them.

And if they are here only to antagonize I know how to read right past their stuff and don’t need a snowflake ignore button.

Snowflake ignore button? Because someone chooses not to see certain peoples posts, they're now snowflakes? Noted I've never been accused of being sensitive lol but I have been accused of struggling with a bad temper. Because of that, and the fact that I like TBH, the ignore button keeps me from joining Ragin' in the eternal banned camp.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

FYI this was a test. I wanted to see how many would agree or spend as much time defending the People that are currently trying silence and sensor conservatives.

This is why the libs will always win, they stick together for their causes. Conservatives are always to eager to protect those that just want to take everything away from them and tell the guys on their side that they are snowflakes or they are “triggered” for trying to fight for a cause.

Great job, this little experiment cost me a $50 bet. I thought I’d get a different response

We are doomed!

Comment

Jerp you have always been a stand up solid figure on TBH. I put you in the Shane class of thinking ideas.

But, lets play a game.... If i was invited to a deer lease and I only knew the host but there were more people there around the fire. If 10 guys were sitting around and 8 were liberal and extreme in their views I probably would not have a good time and that is without arguing any of my views.

On the other hand if DMO invited me out to his lease with like minded members and 8 were moderates and conservatives and 2 were liberals that might be ok. I would actually enjoy every now and then a conversation with a lefty to understand their POV or rationale. But, the minute they try and run their ideals down my throat I am done.

Its like people not knowing GOD and asking questions vs. the ones who proclaim God is not real. You can only discuss things with people who have an open mind.

Comment

Discussion that's sane. Not if we're all staring at a black wall and one guy keeps jumping up and down saying it's bright white.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                So with the libs essentially doing an end around and stifling free speech I think it’s time we start to work a little smarter and up our game and fight back. We can’t ask the mods to ban someone but what we can do is collectively refuse to engage, on any level and in any forum, with those guys that we know support the liberal policies that we abhor.
                I’m asking you guys to stop giving them a voice or podium. I think we would have much more fruitful discussions without the antagonizers and I’m personally sick of them.

We all know what makes a child madder than anything and that’s when you ignore them.

I don’t think we need to make a list, everyone knows who they are.

Sounds like stuff Liberals do.

You have to have opposing opinions. Maybe the real solution is to not be verbally combative.

Speak your peace and let them look like the idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
                  Jerp you have always been a stand up solid figure on TBH. I put you in the Shane class of thinking ideas.

But, lets play a game.... If i was invited to a deer lease and I only knew the host but there were more people there around the fire. If 10 guys were sitting around and 8 were liberal and extreme in their views I probably would not have a good time and that is without arguing any of my views.

On the other hand if DMO invited me out to his lease with like minded members and 8 were moderates and conservatives and 2 were liberals that might be ok. I would actually enjoy every now and then a conversation with a lefty to understand their POV or rationale. But, the minute they try and run their ideals down my throat I am done.

Its like people not knowing GOD and asking questions vs. the ones who proclaim God is not real. You can only discuss things with people who have an open mind.
                  You are the common denominator in that scenario.

You should work on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                    Snowflake ignore button? Because someone chooses not to see certain peoples posts, they're now snowflakes? Noted I've never been accused of being sensitive lol but I have been accused of struggling with a bad temper. Because of that, and the fact that I like TBH, the ignore button keeps me from joining Ragin' in the eternal banned camp.
                    Yes. The ignore button is for snowflakes.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                      Yes. The ignore button is for snowflakes.
                      If you want to see how big of a snowflake I am, I'd love to meet up and discuss it with you outside of a keyboard. I just love how keyboards and forums have people saying stuff that they probably wouldn't if they were standing next to you. I see it's a trend on here.
                      Last edited by Pineywoods; 01-15-2021, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
                        I would actually enjoy every now and then a conversation with a lefty to understand their POV or rationale. But, the minute they try and run their ideals down my throat I am done.

That’s exactly it. Just have a conversation with no win, lose, or draw attached. Each person respects that it’s just a discussion. I’ve definitely left a few conversations with each side shaking my head in disbelief, but it’s just a conversation. I still believe what I believe, and they still believe what they believe, but we’ve at least established the ability to have another conversation. This doesn’t always work, but it’s always worth a try.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

It is hard to have a discussion with someone when they never answer a question, they answer with something that is completely off topic, or answer with a question of their own. Just sayin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                            If you want to see how big of a snowflake I am, I'd love to meet up and discuss it with you outside of a keyboard. I just love how keyboards and forums have people saying stuff that they probably wouldn't if they were standing next to you. I see it's a trend on here.
                            I think you are reading their posts wrong. They are saying the ignore button is a "snowflake ignore button" to ignore snowflakes, not that the person who uses the ignore button is a snowflake.

Comment

Just read, smile, and move on. Pretty hard sometimes, but not impossible. I still fail on occasion. Nobody is changing anyone's mind and at some times cognitive dissonance takes over and it really is pointless. "Trolls" is the conservative version of the liberals "bot". Humans naturally flock to like minded people. There are actual questions posed that get the default "troll" reply, the adult version of "nanna nanna boo boo". Politics and religion are the two most divisive subjects there are. Personally, I think 99% of politicians are shape shifting, pandering POS and the other 1% of them haven't been there long enough to get corrupted. There are good people on the other side, even though we don't agree.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                                I don't think the OP is talking about "trolls" like the new version. He means the few people who really are liberal. There's a line that some are way over.

Like the ones who think zero cheating or fraud happened in the election.
                                Jer James..... LOL!! And he will argue with you till he's blue in the face about it. Homeboy has passion when proving innerweb people wrong.

And his wife voted for Biden. Hahaha, how embarrassing.

Comment

Working...
                                X