No announcement yet.

Covid Vaccine Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My shoulder really hurt for about 36 hrs and some of my co-workers had the same. Some of them got pretty sick with flu like symptoms for about 48 hrs. Some didn't get sick or have sore shoulder. Its been a wide range if post injections symptoms to the people I work with.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

I got the Moderna on the 5th. Sore deltoid the next day. Nothing more. Scheduled for round 2 on the 28th.

Comment

I had Moderna #1 on Monday (1/4). Really sore deltoid day 2 but worked out anyway. Day 3 post-injection I noticed a boost of energy so in hindsight, I was a little run down during day 2 but didn't notice it. (I also noticed once the Bluetooth microchip from the vaccine synced to my iPhone I started to feel better right away. KIDDING!!!) But also, Cedar pollen has been off the charts and I was outside a lot on Monday so I can't say Day 2 lethargy was entirely due to Moderna, but may have affected my energy levels a bit. Today is Day 4 (1/8) and feeling back to normal.
        Last edited by .270; 01-08-2021, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Thank you for the info.

Comment

Just curious how old are you people that are getting the shots? I'm 68 and diabetic. I live in a tiny town and our hospital has not received and vaccine yet. I was told I qualified and they would let me know when they get some. The Dr, nurses and staff had to go get their shots in the next town. I will take the vaccine as soon as I can.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
              Just curious how old are you people that are getting the shots? I'm 68 and diabetic. I live in a tiny town and our hospital has not received and vaccine yet. I was told I qualified and they would let me know when they get some. The Dr, nurses and staff had to go get their shots in the next town. I will take the vaccine as soon as I can.
              Very good question. I am 44 yo workout 5/6 days a week weight lifting and running. I can stand to lose some more pounds following this holiday season and my BP can be borderline high at times, mostly when my waistline ticks up.

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
                Very good question. I am 44 yo workout 5/6 days a week weight lifting and running. I can stand to lose some more pounds following this holiday season and my BP can be borderline high at times, mostly when my waistline ticks up.
                How did you qualify to get the shot first?

Comment

interesting thread. Son is first responder and got the 1st shot a few weeks ago.
                  I believe he took the Moderna also.

Comment

Add in high (controlled) BP and I'm just like you.

Comment

Dean, as you know, I’m older than you are. I had a Dr. appointment yesterday for something unrelated and I wasn’t offered the vaccine, in fact it wasn’t mentioned. My wife and I just recovered from Covid a week or two ago so maybe that’s why. I never even thought to mention it when I was there, but maybe I’ll think to ask when I go back in three weeks.

Comment

I still think the way it is rolled out is wrong. Give it to high risk people that want it first. No way someone can tell me how a cop or fireman in the prime of their life is high risk. Some may have medical conditions putting them but then they would qualify for the shots

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                          I still think the way it is rolled out is wrong. Give it to high risk people that want it first. No way someone can tell me how a cop or fireman in the prime of their life is high risk. Some may have medical conditions putting them but then they would qualify for the shots
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	F14A7BD0-E94B-4103-9162-7EDC41377E86.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	24640478

My buddy passed away from Covid. 49 years old and no issues other than a few pounds. They are out helping people and have a very increased exposure.

Comment

Humper- we took an oath and know the risks when we sign up. Sorry for your loss and tragic loss if life. Still feel people with high risk should be first. He may have very well fit into the “high risk” group

Comment

Understood! I hope everyone has the opportunity to get it. I’m on the tail end of covid and my doctor believes I’m ok for 60-90 days, which is pretty close to when I should be able to get the vaccine. (I hope).

Again....good thread and good info!

Comment

It’s more about staffing than departments worrying about their guys getting it. If half of us are out with covid or quarantined then we are going to be stretched thin, which also means worst case scenario we have to shut down a house leading to longer responses to the public. Right before Christmas our department had almost half a shift out for covid. Now 70% percent of us have volunteered too take the first round of the vaccine.

I’m 37 and pretty healthy but I went ahead and took it, not because I’m scared to get covid but because I’ve seen first hand how the virus effects everyone differently. There was a guy in our department, a 25ish college football player/crossfit guy who was hospitalized but is fine now. Also a a guy that is marathon runner, younger than me get it so bad he had double pneumonia and is still out of work. Then there’s my cousin who is 35 and was thirty minutes away from being intubated, but luckily cpap helped her out as a last ditch effort. There are several more I know of, but the biggest takeaway is all these people were extremely healthy with no underlying conditions.

Originally posted by glen View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X