No announcement yet.

Why Are You Here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate politics. But I’ll tell you what. This year it has consumed us all. Especially myself. I had to start hitting the back button and take a step back. I think we all have. This is just some strange time in life with all the pandemic and politics. People are stressed out. The issues are with the ones that cannot hit the back button or take a step back. Like they wake up In the morning just ready to get on TBH and pull someone’s chain. We all know who they are. But I do appreciate the political stuff also because if it wasn’t on here I wouldn’t know anything at all about what’s going on. We axed watching the news. Also being conservative leaning some of the threads did give me a little hope. Anyways, been here a long time. Met a ton of people that have since become true friends. Some I still hunt with. Some I just met while meeting to buy something I didn’t need out of the classifieds. Yet we still keep in touch. In the end that’s what it’s really all about. Fellowship with likeminded hunters. We just have to weed out the ones that aren’t here for that it seems. Glad I’m not the one that has to do all that. [emoji2373]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

So if you guys decide a user’s recent posts are too heavily weighted in the PACE section, you will ban people.....???? Really?

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
        Com’on man
        This site is a private enterprise and we all exist
        In it at the privilege of the site owner. Don’t let today’s environment ruin this site for you.
        This is not Twitter or FB
        That’s the same justification Twitter, Facebook, book pu mushers, and domain hosts are using right now, too.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
          That’s the same justification Twitter, Facebook, book pu mushers, and domain hosts are using right now, too.

No it’s not.

Twatter, and Facebook are banning conservatives. Michael is proposing banning those who are here only for political discourse, and add no value to the “other” discussion here on the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Let's be honest about the P/CE forum...it's become a virtual bedding area for right wing extremism. There is a relatively consistent stream of fanatical right wing commentary posted here. What was once a virtual regurgitation of conservative-biased opinions from Fox News, Breitbart and Rush Limbaugh has become even worse, and now regularly includes right wing ideology and conspiracy from the most extreme fringe of America. More specifically, and this is no exaggeration, there are regular posters in the P/CE forum who no longer find Fox News and conservative Republicans like Mike Pence to be right wing enough for them, and they have now disowned those conservative entities and have instead opted to bring the most ideologically and politically extreme voices in our country into this forum and to proclaim that they are patriotic in doing so.

Frankly, I'm not sure why any mainstream forum would want to be associated with that.

Personally, I would hang a closed sign on the P/CE forum and I would leave the sign up permanently. I don't think the P/CE forum is a good look for TBH or the hunting community, and I think it divides much more than it unites. That said, I also recognize I'm very much a vocal minority in here. It's obviously not my business and I don't expect anyone to give a rip what I think.

Assuming the P/CE forum stays open, I hope to be able to control myself to spend little to no time in it after Trump's departure. He will no longer be in a position to day after day divide, divide, divide and divide.

I would also like to find some more members of the community, even if it's just a few, who have also had enough of the Trump insanity and the political extremism from the right and left. Some moderate thinking normal people who don't brand themselves conservative or liberal, who don't obsess about politics, who don't regularly consume ideological bias and who don't consider large groups of Americans their enemy simply because they have a different perspective. I have made a couple of connections like that here, and it has been great.
            Last edited by Vermin93; 01-09-2021, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              As most of you know, I’ve never been a fan of political discussion (or religious debate) on this site. In the early days, we prohibited it completely.
              I think you had it right in the early days.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                So if you guys decide a user’s recent posts are too heavily weighted in the PACE section, you will ban people.....???? Really?
                That was an original rule for the PACE forum when the Pace Forum was created
                It’s in the rules for the Pace forum and has always been there. It’s not new

Comment

Hear hear to your opening post.

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
                    Let's be honest about the P/CE forum...it's become a virtual bedding area for right wing extremism. There is a relatively consistent stream of fanatical right wing commentary posted here. What was once a virtual regurgitation of conservative-biased opinions from Fox News, Breitbart and Rush Limbaugh has become even worse, and now regularly includes right wing ideology and conspiracy from the most extreme fringe of America. More specifically, and this is no exaggeration, there are regular posters in the P/CE forum who no longer find Fox News and conservative Republicans like Mike Pence to be right wing enough for them, and they have now disowned those conservative entities and have instead opted to bring the most ideologically and politically extreme voices in our country into this forum and to proclaim that they are patriotic in doing so.

Frankly, I'm not sure why any mainstream forum would want to be associated with that.

Personally, I would hang a closed sign on the P/CE forum and I would leave the sign up permanently. I don't think the P/CE forum is a good look for TBH or the hunting community, and I think it divides much more than it unites. That said, I also recognize I'm very much a vocal minority in here. It's obviously not my business and I don't expect anyone to give a rip what I think.

Assuming the P/CE forum stays open, I hope to be able to control myself to spend little to no time in it after Trump's departure. He will no longer be in a position to day after day divide, divide, divide and divide.

I would also like to find some more members of the community, even if it's just a few, who have also had enough of the Trump insanity and the political extremism from the right and left. Some moderate thinking normal people who don't brand themselves conservative or liberal, who don't obsess about politics, who don't regularly consume ideological bias and who don't consider large groups of Americans their enemy simply because they have a different perspective. I have made a couple of connections like that here, and it has been great.
                    I don’t consider myself a an extremist, I have black and Hispanic friends/kin that are just as or more conservative than I am. The conservative white friends I have condemn racism and I admire that.
                    I just don’t believe in censorship because it is always one sided just look at how conservatives are viewed by the media
                    If owning a gun or believing a man shouldn’t be able to go into a rest room with my little granddaughter means I’m an extremist, WELL !!
                    I joined this forum because of the bow hunting.
                    I have really enjoyed all the hunting stories
                    I can’t bow hunt anymore because of health reasons (bad shoulders, eye sight,diabetes) but my sons bow Hunt and my grandchildren are getting into it.
                    I do take my grandchildren rifle hunting and I really enjoy that

Comment

Randy. I will be traveling soon and trying to make some fishing plans. Want to try one of those trout fishing trips in Arkansas. Gonna invite you and Garca but need to know if you guys can share a boat or will that need to be a tandem float?

Comment

Wow “moderate thinking normal people”
                        You sound just like Anderson Cooper with his contrite description of all the people that protested in Washington.
                        Do you understand how condescending you are? You are exactly what you rail against.

Comment

Vermin- Why do you come to this forum if you want it closed and lots of folks on TBH never come to PACE?

Why worry about me?

You do you- I do Me. Take that advice for most of life and maybe one day you will actually receive an invite to share a campfire or gunnel.

Comment

Right wing extremism? Hardly.

Extremism was Hitler, Mao, Polpot, et al......

Comment

Why Are You Here?

Samsdad, is that you?

Lol, I’d want it closed too, with that perception of reality.

“I don’t agree with it, so it needs to go away.”~every liberal extremist ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by Dale Moser; 01-09-2021, 09:58 AM.

Comment

I am ATE UP with hunting and fishing and have been since I was old enough to hold a gun or a fishing pole. I love TBH and the majority of the folks here are downright just good folks. It isn't just another platform.

I have never been one consumed with politics. I honestly tried to avoid those discussions until recently. My recent post activity has been heavily slanted toward that forum because there are no other more important subjects to discuss than what is currently happening to our country. I keep going back to ATC since Michael's post, trying to find a thread that I can participate in to keep things more balanced. If I'm being honest, I have to try very hard at this point in time to find a subject more important than the ones being discussed in PACE right now. I respect the right of folks to be able to discuss their showering habits, favorite whiskey, football games, weight loss, gardening, cashmere socks, golf games on your phone, etc... but I just can't see those discussions having more importance to me than our current events in this nation. I pray we get to a point where there is nothing worth talking about in PACE and I find most of my TBH time being spent on ATC and other forums. Until then, I hope the folks who hate that forum will simply stay away from it and just let the folks who find those subject extremely important do their thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X