No announcement yet.

Voter Turnout Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just voted. Walked in, zero line. Done and gone in less than 10 minutes. Whoever posted the voter wait website earlier, THANK YOU!

Comment

Voted Tuesday about lunchtime, had a 45 min wait. Trump 2020!

Comment

Howe Texas. Showed up at 7:59 AM. I was first in line. Took 5 minutes. Easy Peasy nice and easy.

Comment

Just got done at Brook Hollow Library in SA. Took an hour. 15min for me to walk there from my house, 30min in line and vote and 15min back home. Beautiful day out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
            When I voted, I was the only one in the place. There were 5 people in line when I walked out. A pollster brought a mobile unit out to my husband to vote and while he did that, the pollster told me the crows were fixing to start because school just let out. The best time to go is 20-30 minutes prior to that.
            Dusty, Im hearing Biden supporters have pretty much taken over College Station. Is this what you see there? Tons of Biden signs and very few Trump signs.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
              MB, would you say your area is more red than blue or the opposite? My county is about as red as they get, and lines have been crazy! Hope that's the case everywhere... the redder the better...
              I haven't seen any Biden signs or T-shirts or ball caps around town but see Maga and red Trump hats everywhere I go. I'm guessing we will have a red tide here in Euless

Comment

I've driven by the county sub office satellite voting location in Southlake everyday. It seems like the line is getting longer. Today it was outside with 3 lines queued up before you make entry into the building. Got a text from a buddy who said he went yesterday and was 1.5 hour wait, took his wife 2 hours this morning. In the past, the most I've waited is 30 minutes and that was the last day of early voting in 2018 as I just forgot to get my sh*t together. Probably 90% red year over year in this locale, but we do have a number of Cali and NY move ins.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                  I haven't seen any Biden signs or T-shirts or ball caps around town but see Maga and red Trump hats everywhere I go. I'm guessing we will have a red tide here in Euless

Has your county historically been red, or is this a new phenomenon?

I'm real curious to see how Harris county goes... I'm thinking it will still be blue, but I hope the people get rid of some of the local DemoKrauts that are causing so many problems for the county... If it were to be purple, that would be a great accomplishment... I think it's even possible for Trump to win the county and they still have some local dems win their races... we shall see...

Comment

Oh yea, I stopped and voted at the civic center in Cleveland (Liberty County)... In talking to a couple of the election officials, I asked them if the lines had been this long all week... They confirmed that indeed they had been long and seemed to even be getting longer as the week went along... There were probably 30-40 people in front of me when I got there. By the time I was admitted into the voting room, the line was longer than it was when I got there... This was between lunch time and school dismissal for the day... The Liberty county schools are open full bore, so I was told that about 3:30 until they get done, it's wall to wall people... Next week the hours will be extended... And Liberty County is VERY RED... There are no DemoKraut elected officials in Liberty County... and over half of the positions were being filled by Repulsicans running unopposed... Sooooo much better than Harris county where I lived for over 35 years!!

Comment

Euless is in Tarrant County, red but slowly moving purple. Most all , if not all county spots are red. Gerrymandering has created solid red/blue voting for some congressional districts. #24 almost went blue last time. Hopefully since the incumbent, a do nothing, fat grifter has retired, new blood with Beth Van Dyne will make a big difference. She's running against a Lena Hildago wanna be.

I hope I'm surprised but I think most democrats are voting the party line, and the vote is mostly anti-Trump v pro-Biden, and the downstream races just fall in line with this mentality. I don't think the town halls, debates, policy papers matter to the dem's. It's Orange Man bad, period.

Man, when Cruz barely scrapped out a win over Beto in 2018, Texas is not looking positive long term.

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                        Man, when Cruz barely scrapped out a win over Beto in 2018, Texas is not looking positive long term.

My thoughts exactly... except, and it's a weak maybe, but maybe the people have a better understanding of just who these DemoKrauts are. That's my slim hope that salvages Texas for a while...

Comment

Me and wife voted this morning around 9:00am, I was surprised no line at all.

Comment

I'm real curious to see how Harris county goes... I'm thinking it will still be blue, but I hope the people get rid of some of the local DemoKrauts that are causing so many problems for the county... If it were to be purple, that would be a great accomplishment... I think it's even possible for Trump to win the county and they still have some local dems win their races... we shall see...
                            I think Lizzie Fletcher may be in trouble. Wesley Hunt may push her out. No way Harris county is changing from blue anytime soon. There's a chance of seeing flashes of purple in low turnout years, not this year. I think I heard them say on the radio this morning that Harris County has set an all time record for early voting.
                            Last edited by Rcole1310; 10-16-2020, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                              Euless is in Tarrant County, red but slowly moving purple. Most all , if not all county spots are red. Gerrymandering has created solid red/blue voting for some congressional districts. #24 almost went blue last time. Hopefully since the incumbent, a do nothing, fat grifter has retired, new blood with Beth Van Dyne will make a big difference. She's running against a Lena Hildago wanna be.

I hope I'm surprised but I think most democrats are voting the party line, and the vote is mostly anti-Trump v pro-Biden, and the downstream races just fall in line with this mentality. I don't think the town halls, debates, policy papers matter to the dem's. It's Orange Man bad, period.

I think this is very perceptive observation, and accurate. Texas will turn Blue eventually, it's just demographic math. The question is how long before it happens. IMO Ted Cruzes days are numbered. He's painted too big of a national target on himself. They aren't going to stop coming for him. If Texas flips blue, imagine the electoral math needed for us to run a viable republican presidential candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
                                I think this is very perceptive observation, and accurate. Texas will turn Blue eventually, it's just demographic math. The question is how long before it happens. IMO Ted Cruzes days are numbered. He's painted too big of a national target on himself. They aren't going to stop coming for him. If Texas flips blue, imagine the electoral math needed for us to run a viable republican presidential candidate.
                                Don't be surprised when the majority of the Latino vote moves right and the dems are back to square one on flipping the state. They're moving too far left and there's no coming back. AOC is the current odds on favorite to be their nominee in 2024.

Comment

Working...
                                X