Voter Turnout Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
    Early votes in Texas have already surpassed all the statewide ballots cast for Trump in 2016

I read an article that said we were on pace to have the most voters since the 1908 election.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
      Voted today with my son, a first time voter. He's a stuck at home, very frustrated college freshman dealing with online school. My three sons are very, very conservative they don't watch Fox news because of the liberal slant, lol. But my youngest is the most conservative. He's like a grumpy old man talking about Covid.

Due to ankle surgery, my doc recommended I obtain a temp handicap sticker for parking. My son drove us, we parked in the stick person spot and a very helpful voter volunteer directed us to the ramp, then to the elevator and how to avoid waiting in line. It was great, missed an hour wait which on a knee bike and cast I wasn't looking forward to.

Coming out, we see two older pear shaped fat body males exit a Prius, they hug, then hold hands and walk off. We pass the Prius and notice a "defend defunding the police" sticker on the back. My son looks at me straight faced and says "that's classic, (big pause) wonder who they'll call when they get gay bashed?" and keeps walking to the truck. Doesn't laugh, shake his head or anything, just waits on me to drag myself into the truck.

After reading my account of this, it doesn't sound funny, but I laughed the rest of the day about it. Not all millennials are liberals, lol.
      A social worker. Police would just shoot em. Everyone knows this

Glad you raised em right, and you got out to vote!

Comment

I think due to all the craziness going on, many people were very motivated to get out and vote. However, I think the early voting surge is about over.

We went earlier today in a busy part of Harris County. There were less than 10 people in line. We were in and out in about 15 minutes. This same location had an hour plus wait last week.

Comment

Just got it done. About a 30 minute wait.

Comment

Wife and I just voted in Bell County/Temple and stood in line over an hour. Only one place in Temple, then one in Belton and one in Killeen. 7 machines being used. First time since we moved from Lubbock to vote down here and first time to use a paper ballot that I can remember!

60,000 people compared to 250,000+.

FYI RED all the way down the ballot!

Comment

My wife and I voted this past Saturday evening...Took a little over an hour. Wasn’t too bad.
              Proud to vote and would have waited in line all day if necessary.

Comment

Voted Sunday afternoon in Williamson County. No waiting, lots of empty machines

Comment

Voted 10/16 at 8:30 am in Magnolia with the wife no line.
                  Then on to breakfast. Great morning date
                  Attached Files

Comment

Interested to see how many folks on here vote the day of. Please Please go vote the day of, no excuses!
                    Last edited by WItoTX; 11-02-2020, 02:48 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Working...
                    X