Ginsburg is Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
    It’s a done deal. Shouldn’t even be a topic of debate. Let the republicans nominate and appoint ASAP. Like next week if possible. Dems will have a chance to remind certain senators of their hypocrisy on Nov 3 so they should keep the powder dry and revisit the issue then. Also, my gut is telling me that Trumps going to lose (baring a flub by Biden in the debates) I think the polls are off some but not outside the margin of error. If Dems take the Senate and the WH, they 100% WILL get rid of the legislative veto, at that point Republicans May as well stay at home. They could add DC, PR, the VI’s and Guam as states, permanently adding at least 8 dem senators. That’s not even counting the states that are purple that will soon demographically flip blue in the next 4-10 years (CO, AZ, possible Texas etc). It’d give them a permanent majority in the senate and every republican president would catch Heck afterwards. It would be a lesson well learned from Mitch McConnell, if you have the power use it. And as he said, elections have consequences. I don’t think they’d be dumb enough to expand the SCOTUS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There is no chance Biden wins......legitimately
    And there has been no senate hypocrisy on the subject. The American people vote In The republicans in the mid terms of Obama’s second term. That was the American people saying Obama better not get a judge confirmed. This is a completely different scenario.
    And, you don’t really think Biden is actually going to debate do you? And win if he does?

Comment

Ginsburg is Dead

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      And then you awoke from your almost happy ending dream.

I’m not saying it will happen, but that’s what Pelosi and AOC are talking about when they say arrows in the quiver. They aren’t referring to violence. Everything I mentioned is perfectly legal and procedurally doable if the Dems decide to Hiroshima the Republicans for the hypocrisy. And they could use the same argument: elections have consequences. Some constitutional lawyers were debating this on XM POTUS and walked through the process. They said a judicial veto and expanding the court would likely never happen.

Comment

It’s a done deal. Shouldn’t even be a topic of debate. Let the republicans nominate and appoint ASAP. Like next week if possible. Dems will have a chance to remind certain senators of their hypocrisy on Nov 3 so they should keep the powder dry and revisit the issue then. Also, my gut is telling me that Trumps going to lose (baring a flub by Biden in the debates) I think the polls are off some but not outside the margin of error. If Dems take the Senate and the WH, they 100% WILL get rid of the legislative veto, at that point Republicans May as well stay at home. They could add DC, PR, the VI’s and Guam as states, permanently adding at least 8 dem senators. That’s not even counting the states that are purple that will soon demographically flip blue in the next 4-10 years (CO, AZ, possible Texas etc). It’d give them a permanent majority in the senate and every republican president would catch Heck afterwards. It would be a lesson well learned from Mitch McConnell, if you have the power use it. And as he said, elections have consequences. I don’t think they’d be dumb enough to expand the SCOTUS.

Are you delusional.. No way on God's green earth Biden does the debates and if he does Trump will eat him up and spit him out! People of all colors,
        Black, Brown or whatever are flocking to Trump seeing what the Demorats promise but never follow thru. How in the owlr is Trump down in the polls when his approval rating is the highest it has ever been, explain that to me. Only way Biden gets elected is voting fraud and that is not out of the realm of possibilities. Demorats have tried and will try to do anything to get rid of Trump and it will not stop.

Comment

Originally posted by rcole1310 View Post
          it’s a done deal. Shouldn’t even be a topic of debate. Let the republicans nominate and appoint asap. Like next week if possible. Dems will have a chance to remind certain senators of their hypocrisy on nov 3 so they should keep the powder dry and revisit the issue then. Also, my gut is telling me that trumps going to lose (baring a flub by biden in the debates) i think the polls are off some but not outside the margin of error. If dems take the senate and the wh, they 100% will get rid of the legislative veto, at that point republicans may as well stay at home. They could add dc, pr, the vi’s and guam as states, permanently adding at least 8 dem senators. That’s not even counting the states that are purple that will soon demographically flip blue in the next 4-10 years (co, az, possible texas etc). It’d give them a permanent majority in the senate and every republican president would catch heck afterwards. It would be a lesson well learned from mitch mcconnell, if you have the power use it. And as he said, elections have consequences. I don’t think they’d be dumb enough to expand the scotus.
          loooooool!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post

And there has been no senate hypocrisy on the subject. The American people vote In The republicans in the mid terms of Obama’s second term. That was the American people saying Obama better not get a judge confirmed. This is a completely different scenario.

And, you don’t really think Biden is actually going to debate do you? And win if he does?

So, using your logic, IF Americans vote the Dems in control of the senate and give Biden the WH, then Biden should get the pick right? And I do think Biden will debate. Even Dems would freak out if he didn’t. Now him winning the debate, who knows. My guess is if trump got up there and just hurled insults all night his supporters would say he won and if Biden gets up there and doesn’t forget where he is his people will say he won.

Comment

Good grief it's not hypocrisy, it's politics & that arrow won't stick as both sides are repeating what the other said during Garland & easily refuted. Again, 29 judges have been brought up for a vote during an election year & 19 of those had the same party potus / senate...of those 17 judges were confirmed. The remainder that had opposing parties only 2 judges were confirmed.

If THIS is your talking point going too turn the senate, it's delusional...if anything at all, the scotus issue is going to have the undecided jumping on board & even turning those not favorable to trump running is way with all the stacking the court with judges / blowing up the system / changing the constitution. The Dem party is looking whacko & only assisting in the elections.

Comment

So, using your logic, IF Americans vote the Dems in control of the senate and give Biden the WH, then Biden should get the pick right?
                No, the current senate will have time to secure the spot...

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                  I keep hearing guys here say this. Is there some actual data showing that there is “no chance” Biden wins legit? Even some of the battleground states show within margin of error. He may not win, but saying he can’t win legitimately is just repeating some trump nonsense.

Comment

I keep hearing guys here say this. Is there some actual data showing that there is “no chance” Biden wins legit? Even some of the battleground states show within margin of error. He may not win, but saying he can’t win legitimately is just repeating some trump nonsense.
                    Every vote counts! Who are you voting for? I'm undecided and need some guidance.

Comment

I would look to the polls cole...the only reason RBG's seat is being filled by Trump is because everyone (including me) thought the witch was going to win & the polls supported such...if there had been any doubt, then she would have retired under Obuttlik.

The polls you are seeing are not reality imo...a lot of us here were not trump fans back then, but his policy / actions proved many of us wrong. I honestly believe this 'silent majority' is going to really surprise people.

Look at this going on right live now...look at the crowds & excitement:

Tuesday, September 22, 2020: Join the RSBN crew for live coverage as President Donald J. Trump holds a campaign event at Pittsburgh International Airport in ...

Where is this excitement for the B/H ticket?? It's non existent...I think a lot of dems are staying home.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                        Good grief it's not hypocrisy, it's politics & that arrow won't stick as both sides are repeating what the other said during Garland & easily refuted. Again, 29 judges have been brought up for a vote during an election year & 19 of those had the same party potus / senate...of those 17 judges were confirmed. The remainder that had opposing parties only 2 judges were confirmed.

If THIS is your talking point going too turn the senate, it's delusional...if anything at all, the scotus issue is going to have the undecided jumping on board & even turning those not favorable to trump running is way with all the stacking the court with judges / blowing up the system / changing the constitution. The Dem party is looking whacko & only assisting in the elections.

I didn’t hear Lindsay Graham qualify his statement based on what party held the senate when a same party potus was picking. Regardless of what precedent is. I know what he said and now I see what he’s doing. It’s hypocrisy. Happens on both sides. Just usually not this brazen after telling people to literally use your words against you. He was pretty clear it was based on timing. NOW it’s based on same party holding the senate and WH? Remember in 2016 when trump said “you may not like me but you’re still gonna vote for me, because the courts”? I was one of those voters. If he appoints a judge before the election, that takes it out of Biden’s hands, what’s the motivator for trump voters that were solely voting to protect the court? In a week we will be able to see how much extra money came into contested senate races and then we’ll get a better view of what the calculous is.

Comment

If the dems try to start blowing up the system and adding "states" to give themselves a permanent majority....you will see a civil war in my opinion. The 90% (or whatever it is) of red counties aren't going to sit around and be ruled by some nefarious takeover. They had better just wait on illegal immigration to turn TX and AZ blue. That would be a much wiser play.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                            No, the current senate will have time to secure the spot...

Yeah I get that. I’d like to see them get it done next week. But he’s saying it’s based on voters changing the balance of power, that’s what I’m wondering about. If they DON’T get it done by Nov 3, and power flips, he’s saying Biden should get the pick.

Comment

I didn’t hear Lindsay Graham qualify his statement based on what party held the senate when a same party potus was picking. Regardless of what precedent is. I know what he said and now I see what he’s doing. It’s hypocrisy. Happens on both sides. Just usually not this brazen after telling people to literally use your words against you. He was pretty clear it was based on timing. NOW it’s based on same party holding the senate and WH? Remember in 2016 when trump said “you may not like me but you’re still gonna vote for me, because the courts”? I was one of those voters. If he appoints a judge before the election, that takes it out of Biden’s hands, what’s the motivator for trump voters that were solely voting to protect the court? In a week we will be able to see how much extra money came into contested senate races and then we’ll get a better view of what the calculous is.

Breyer is 82, Clarence Thomas is 72 and Alito is 70. Decent chance at least one of them would be off the court in the next 4 years. That is enough motivation for me.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                                Breyer is 82, Clarence Thomas is 72 and Alito is 70. Decent chance at least one of them would be off the court in the next 4 years. That is enough motivation for me.
                                Or they all retire and Trump gets to replace them all. Wouldnt it be crazy if Trump ended up placing 6 Judges to the SC? 6 Constitutionalists or Originalists. How awesome would that be?!

Comment

Working...
                                X