Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Question for those who still watch NFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ttechdallas View Post
    I would probably quit watching if the NFL actually endorsed and promoted a particular political party or candidate. I'm not a fan of the protests but unlike a lot of others here, I don't think they introduced their "politics" into the game. Nor do I believe their intent is/was to disrespect the flag, anthem, military or even country.

I get that a lot of folks want to associate these guys with all the left wing craziness but I don't think they are part of that. In fact, I think they are actually trying to raise awareness of the issue apolitically because our politicians will never solve the "race" issue as long as political leadership places more value on the issue of "racism" as a political weapon to motivate voters than they do a problem to actually be solved.

I watch NFL, NBA and NHL and while I see a lot of emphasis on social justice and racial equality, I haven't seen any "politics". I might change my mind if I start seeing "Biden 2020" emblems on jerseys but I don't think that will happen.
    I'm glad you cleared that up for us because until now I thought the BLM had a left wing political agenda.
    What was I thinking....[emoji57]
    Good grief, wise up.
    The NFL carries water for the Democrat party just like the MSM.
    Very astute observation on your behalf.

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
      I'm glad you cleared that up for us because until now I thought the BLM had a left wing political agenda.
      What was I thinking....[emoji57]
      Good grief, wise up.
      The NFL carries water for the Democrat party just like the MSM.
      Very astute observation on your behalf.
      BLM the organized group is not the same as "black lives matter" as a movement or slogan. If the NFL was advocating for that group, I would stop watching.

If you want to get played by the media that is on you. MSM uses "Black Lives Matter" without distinction for that very person - sending some of you folks into a tizzy thinking they would actually support a marxist organization. The NFL has not donated a penny to those clowns nor are they making donations to political organizations.

Comment

BLM the organized group is not the same as "black lives matter" as a movement or slogan. If the NFL was advocating for that group, I would stop watching.

If you want to get played by the media that is on you. MSM uses "Black Lives Matter" without distinction for that very person - sending some of you folks into a tizzy thinking they would actually support a marxist organization. The NFL has not donated a penny to those clowns nor are they making donations to political organizations.
        My bad, I see it much clearer now that you explained it that way.
        So which one of these two groups (BLM or black lives matter) is working with the inner city black youth to save black lives?

Comment

I would probably quit watching if the NFL actually endorsed and promoted a particular political party or candidate. I'm not a fan of the protests but unlike a lot of others here, I don't think they introduced their "politics" into the game. Nor do I believe their intent is/was to disrespect the flag, anthem, military or even country.

I get that a lot of folks want to associate these guys with all the left wing craziness but I don't think they are part of that. In fact, I think they are actually trying to raise awareness of the issue apolitically because our politicians will never solve the "race" issue as long as political leadership places more value on the issue of "racism" as a political weapon to motivate voters than they do a problem to actually be solved.

I watch NFL, NBA and NHL and while I see a lot of emphasis on social justice and racial equality, I haven't seen any "politics". I might change my mind if I start seeing "Biden 2020" emblems on jerseys but I don't think that will happen.

You actually sound like a smart, reasonable man, with a clear thinking process....so I am wondering how you could be so wrong on this subject....
          The NFL is pandering to BLM, as to not **** of the players and the union.....
          But at a 25% decline in view ship and I am certain it will go lower from here they will either reverse course or distance themselves eventually....
          I really wonder how Goodell still has a job, that dude has been a disaster as the commish....

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

BLM the organized group is not the same as "black lives matter" as a movement or slogan.
              Can you please provide links to the individual organizations so we can see the difference in their mission statements & the two different efforts being pushed & how one may be trying to distance from the other??

Is there a lawsuit to get the original movement back & for BLM stealing Black Lives Matter & using the original intent to become a marxist movement??

I wish you guys would just say: "I don't care & am gonna watch football while I hold my nose having to view all the anti American nonsense the NFL is supporting".

Comment

That’s awesome. In a time when people should be stacked up in front of the tv for football too!

Comment

I'm starting a "white lives matter" movement and it will be known as the KKK. The movement has no affiliation with the organized group so we're good, right?

Comment

I just can’t wrap my head around the idea that they are not injecting politics into sports. it’s well published That blm is a Marxist movement. Do you believe white supremacy is what is holding black lives or any other lives back today? Do you believe the “state” and vigilantes are inflicting violence on black communities? Are you a liberal? These are things blm believes and they are supported by the nfl which by any reasonable stretch means the nfl believes in white supremacy.

From their site

BlackLivesMatter was founded in 2013 in response to the acquittal of Trayvon Martin’s murderer. Black Lives Matter Foundation, Inc is a global organization in the US, UK, and Canada, whose mission is to eradicate white supremacy and build local power to intervene in violence inflicted on Black communities by the state and vigilantes. By combating and countering acts of violence, creating space for Black imagination and innovation, and centering Black joy, we are winning immediate improvements in our lives.

We are expansive. We are a collective of liberators who believe in an inclusive and spacious movement. We also believe that in order to win and bring as many people with us along the way, we must move beyond the narrow nationalism that is all too prevalent in Black communities. We must ensure we are building a movement that brings all of us to the front.

We affirm the lives of Black queer and trans folks, disabled folks, undocumented folks, folks with records, women, and all Black lives along the gender spectrum. Our network centers those who have been marginalized within Black liberation movements.

We are working for a world where Black lives are no longer systematically targeted for demise.

We affirm our humanity, our contributions to this society, and our resilience in the face of deadly oppression.

The call for Black lives to matter is a rallying cry for ALL Black lives striving for liberation.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                      Can you please provide links to the individual organizations so we can see the difference in their mission statements & the two different efforts being pushed & how one may be trying to distance from the other??

Is there a lawsuit to get the original movement back & for BLM stealing Black Lives Matter & using the original intent to become a marxist movement??

I wish you guys would just say: "I don't care & am gonna watch football while I hold my nose having to view all the anti American nonsense the NFL is supporting".

This right here , just own it. I love all the excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post

You can actually go the NFL Charities / NFL Foundation and find this. Most of the donations though are being done through the teams and made to local neighborhood charities in the community. Not the Black Lives Matter organization.

As for the distancing and lawsuits, there is nothing they can do. The Black Lives Matter Global Foundation (the marxists) hijacked the slogan and copyrighted it. The BLM move was not and still is not today an organized entity.

Here is a link to the right leaning NY Post on the subject: https://nypost.com/2020/07/01/the-ag...om-the-slogan/

If I am not mistaken, even the NAACP has disavowed the BLM organization. There are also countless left leaning fact checkers who have had corrected MSM headlines claiming NFL (others) donated $250MM to BLM organization.

Curiously, most black people don't associate "black lives matter" with the BLM organization. But most of us Republicans do.

I got curious about this awhile back because I couldn't believe the NFL would donate any money to BLM and I didn't believe the media. Sure enough, they didn't. But then I kept seeing that same media make the same false claims or dishonest inferences about NFL, players, etc and then how they were playing the reactions by a lot of fans. Just more divisive disinformation intent on inflaming folks on either side of the politcal aisle toward the other.

Its working.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                          You actually sound like a smart, reasonable man, with a clear thinking process....so I am wondering how you could be so wrong on this subject....
                          The NFL is pandering to BLM, as to not **** of the players and the union.....
                          But at a 25% decline in view ship and I am certain it will go lower from here they will either reverse course or distance themselves eventually....
                          I really wonder how Goodell still has a job, that dude has been a disaster as the commish....
                          I really don't know how you can definitively say anyone is right or wrong on how they see this. There are no absolute facts which prove any viewpoint is right or wrong. Only the facts we consider vs ignore plus what we're willing to assume.

The media lies to us everyday, reporting their own opinions as facts. So a lot of times, I don't buy into them until I look for more info or try to understand another perspective.

I don't think the NFL is pandering. I think they're accepting the reality that 77% of their employees and that the issue of racism is still far more prevalent than should be acceptable to anyone - including any Christian who is also a conservative Republican.

IMO, we are getting played by the Dem media into associating the NFL/athletes with all this left wing craziness. They're eating up all these boycotts because it makes us like we really are racists. That we are so offended that Black people don't see the country as we'll actually argue that racism either doesn't exist or its not that bad.

But we agree on Goodell. He has been a disaster for years - from my perspective.

Comment

So, with the letters BLM printed in on the end zones, you’re gonna continue to watch or not watch.
                            I’m confused

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                              So, with the letters BLM printed in on the end zones, you’re gonna continue to watch or not watch.
                              I’m confused
                              Shouldn't be any confusion, I'm watching NFL football. And NBA basketball. NHL hockey. MLB Rangers, not so much but that has nothing to do with politics.

Comment

denial is NOT a river in egypt.

Comment

Working...
                                X