Sitka has lost their minds.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a friend sent me this link this morning. https://www.facebook.com/sitkagear/p...64314248210525

Sitka has a post on up their facebook page talking about signing a petition to shut down federal drilling on the north slope of alaska, and supporting a group called http://alaskawildaction.org/pledge/

It's certainly debatable on drilling in wilderness areas, even I think we need to save some of the wild for the future. however, check out who is involved with this group Sitka is advocating for... a 100% lineup of liberal democrats, many of who actively push an anti gun agenda.

Do these people have any idea who purchases their products?
    Last edited by kyle1974; 09-03-2020, 08:18 AM.

If it’s debatable on whether or not we should drill there, and only one side is helping them fight this then it’s hard to get mad at Sitka. Principles don’t always align with people you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's all a political game anyways. Regardless their stuff may be nice, but its overpriced IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
        If it’s debatable on whether or not we should drill there, and only one side is helping them fight this then it’s hard to get mad at Sitka. Principles don’t always align with people you like.

I said it's debatable, because that isn't the main argument. Sitka (hunting clothes) just teams up with people that have a strict anti gun agenda, and use fake news by posting up pics of other parts of alaska no where near the drilling actually occurs is another aspect of dishonesty.
        Last edited by kyle1974; 09-03-2020, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Maybe a case of “the enemy of my enemy is my friend “

They may disagree on other issues, but agree with this fight.

Comment

I'd like to keep wilderness wild. We have a supply gut as it is. Leave it alone. Same reason I dont want what little public land is here in texas to be texas land. It'll be sold off and destroyed. I'm far from an anti oil hippy, but drilling this wilderness area doesnt make sense, and I think preserving wilderness areas is important.

Comment

Holy crap - they are getting hammered on Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
                I'd like to keep wilderness wild. We have a supply gut as it is. Leave it alone. Same reason I dont want what little public land is here in texas to be texas land. It'll be sold off and destroyed. I'm far from an anti oil hippy, but drilling this wilderness area doesnt make sense, and I think preserving wilderness areas is important.

You think drilling ruins the wilderness? Have you ever hunted a pipeline?

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
                  Holy crap - they are getting hammered on Facebook.
                  Yep, that was a dumb move. I bet they offer a apology and fire their marketing person that runs their social media.

Comment

Originally posted by DedDuk View Post
                    You think drilling ruins the wilderness? Have you ever hunted a pipeline?

People that work up there are posting photos of the caribou using oilfield facilities and camp houses for the shade.

Comment

Glad Im a Badlands guy.

Comment

Another great reason to not buy their overpriced crap

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                          I said it's debatable, because that isn't the main argument. Sitka (hunting clothes) just teams up with people that have a strict anti gun agenda, and use fake news by posting up pics of other parts of alaska no where near the drilling actually occurs is another aspect of dishonesty.

To be fair I don’t keep up with companies political activities often because I could care less about boycotts. I’ve been boycotting sitka’s prices in silence lol. All I know is what you referenced in regards to the northern slope. If the only people helping them keep drilling out of there are anti gun democrats, sounds like you need to look at the politicians you like and say why aren’t you fighting this. If you aren’t doing that then I assume you’re okay with drilling there. I don’t know much about this specific issue, but at face value I’m against it. I like the idea of untouched pristine wilderness.

Comment

Here’s Sitka’s take on it.

1.5 million acres of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge is now poised for auction then oil and gas drilling. On Monday the Department of the Interior completed its initial review, which sets up the vast coastal plain and birthing grounds for one of the world's largest caribou herd, the Porcupine herd, for oil and gas drilling. This 19 million-acre wild landscape is flanked by giant peaks and braided rivers that not only sustain the caribou, it is an important polar bear denning site, supports the greatest variety of plant and animal life of any protected area within the Arctic Circle, from arctic fox and musk ox to countless song and shorebirds, which rely on this pristine ecosystem to not just survive, but thrive.

At SITKA, we value ecosystems and believe it's our duty to speak up when we see steps being taken that threaten priceless wild places such as the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, the largest remaining stretch of wilderness in the United States.

We believe that drilling should not be permitted in an area that sustains 187,000 caribou and so much more. The risk posed by drilling for oil and gas is not one to be taken lightly.

Please join us in raising our voices, and speaking up for the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. This is an ecosystem that must be protected. There's no bringing it back once it's gone.

Comment

Glad they don't have them in triple extra sexy sizes so I can dislike them without wearing any overpriced camo I already bought. No chance there...

Comment

Working...
                              X