Shifting the burden to the landlords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shifting the burden to the landlords

Trump administration just made it a lot harder for landlords by putting a hold on evictions until the end of the year. They are in negotiations with congress to extend moratorium until April. That could go through because, the airlines are going to government hat in hand and the two will likely be tied together. You will notice that they are not forgiving loan payments for federally backed loans to the banks, nor do we want them.

The virus response by the government and the Fed has been a sheet show. Some have made a lot of money off of government programs meant to help those in need. It has certainly helped the recreational equipment industry, friends in the RV and boating industry are tearing it up. Who knows what the stock market should be valued at with trillions of liquidity added by the Fed.

Maybe, chickens will not come home to roost.

There are a lot of restrictions and hoops a person has to go through. It should have any impact as folks have to prove significant loss of income.

Comment

Comment

What are you going to do? Vote for Biden? That will do great things for the market

Comment

Market? The market does not care much about who is in the whitehouse. When it goes up the powers that make the market make money, when it goes down those same powers turn your money into their money. It is magic. A lot of this board raves about how conservative or even ultra conservative while supporting massive debt for stimulus. The market supposedly looks 6 months into the future and they are realistic and know there is a 65% chance Trump leaves the whitehouse and a 55% chance the senate ends up tied with a democratic VP being the deciding vote as a minimum swing to the democratic side.

The eviction moratorium is an assault on some of the most patriotic investors in this country. They invest in the USA for the USA.

Yes I am voting for Biden and No I am not liberal.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanoDano View Post
            Market? The market does not care much about who is in the whitehouse. When it goes up the powers that make the market make money, when it goes down those same powers turn your money into their money. It is magic. A lot of this board raves about how conservative or even ultra conservative while supporting massive debt for stimulus. The market supposedly looks 6 months into the future and they are realistic and know there is a 65% chance Trump leaves the whitehouse and a 55% chance the senate ends up tied with a democratic VP being the deciding vote as a minimum swing to the democratic side.

The eviction moratorium is an assault on some of the most patriotic investors in this country. They invest in the USA for the USA.

You do realize Biden & crew would let protestors burn your rent house down, right??

Comment

Your not a liberal but your voting for the guy with the most progressive platform, extreme liberal VP, pro abortion up until birth (past birth based on what the Kamala has said in past), anti police, anti patriotic, pro new green deal that will kill billions if really implemented and a host of other horrible ideas. Sir you are either a liberal or not very bright.

I didn’t vote for Trump the 1st time cause I didn’t trust him, and while I don’t like the debt spending at all he has been very pro life, has appointed conservative judges and deregulated business, not started any wars, renegotiated nafta and cut taxes. If I can ignore his twitter he has done a great job over all and will receive my vote.

PS what do you think Biden will do you those patriotic investors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Really don’t see much difference here. Obviously you have never tried to evict some one. It’s all ready a PIA for a land lord. That’s why I stopped renting out my old home.

Comment

quick question. Who did you vote for in '16?

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                    Really don’t see much difference here. Obviously you have never tried to evict some one. It’s all ready a PIA for a land lord. That’s why I stopped renting out my old home.
                    Yeah, my loser renter moved out July, 19 and we are so glad. Cost me 15k to get it back to where it was and I know that the stiff wouldn't be paying rent anymore. He had been renting for 9 years but just got bad in the last year or so. Overall, he paid for my house 1 1/2 times, so I got a free house out of it, plus the appreciation.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                      There are a lot of restrictions and hoops a person has to go through. It should have any impact as folks have to prove significant loss of income.
                      I hope this is the case because this has the potential to be a huge expensive cluster. Not that it matters much anymore but in the first place I don't see how it can be constitutional. The whole idea rubs me the wrong way. So by decree, a government agency - in this case the CDC - has the power to tear up contracts voluntarily signed by American citizens and among other things, prohibit landlords from collecting back rent? This sounds like the democrats magical thinking proposals to wipe out all college debt while pretending there will be no negative consequences. So who is supposed to take the loss? The landlords who did nothing wrong? The banks that hold the mortgages on the properties? Don't they realize that millions will game the system? Already numerous landlords are frustrated because tenants who have gotten their jobs back have just decided not to pay rent. It's a great example of "moral hazard"
                      Definition of Moral Hazard - the concept that individuals alter their behaviour when their risk-taking is borne by others. Causes of moral hazard. Examples. How to overcome?

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                        I hope this is the case because this has the potential to be a huge expensive cluster. Not that it matters much anymore but in the first place I don't see how it can be constitutional. The whole idea rubs me the wrong way. So by decree, a government agency - in this case the CDC - has the power to tear up contracts voluntarily signed by American citizens and among other things, prohibit landlords from collecting back rent? This sounds like the democrats magical thinking proposals to wipe out all college debt while pretending there will be no negative consequences. So who is supposed to take the loss? The landlords who did nothing wrong? The banks that hold the mortgages on the properties? Don't they realize that millions will game the system? Already numerous landlords are frustrated because tenants who have gotten their jobs back have just decided not to pay rent. It's a great example of "moral hazard"
                        https://www.economicshelp.org/blog/1...-moral-hazard/
                        Valid constitutional argument.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                          quick question. Who did you vote for in '16?
                          Trump

Comment

Trump
                            You post on here with your eloquent speech and near perfect grammar and do your best to impress with your wisdom, but sir, you ain't got the sense God gave a **** goose!

I've tried really hard to evaluate your views over the past several months/even year or so because you seem to be intelligent, but just like many are one issue voters, you seem to be blinded by your own psyche and have lost all trace of common sense and practicality. I hope you reconsider your ridiculous assertion that Hiden Biden and da ho would be a better choice for America. That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard/read from your posts.

Comment

Well if ole Slow Joe and Let me Blow you the Ho get elected, you won’t need that scope for your backup budget rifle. They gonna take ur guns son.

From my Make Believe World

Comment

Working...
                              X