Another Dr. Bartlett Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Dr. Bartlett Video

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUOCo9KZTWg"]Dr. Richard Bartlett and Congressman Ralph Abraham | ACWT Interview 7.15.20 - YouTube[/ame]

Last broadcast, Dr. Bartlett said Ted Cruz contacted him... Where's Ted???

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
      Last broadcast, Dr. Bartlett said Ted Cruz contacted him... Where's Ted???

Yeah good question. Where is Ted? After the presidential election he went into hiding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just spent the better part of half an hour writing to Dr. Brian Babin/Congressman, Dan Crenshaw/Congressman, and Ted/Cruz "begging" them to use their pulpit and influence to get the word out that Americans need not fear Kung-Flu, that their are very effective treatments available... don't know if I'll hear from any of them on this, but I can say that every time I've communicated with Dan Crenshaw or Brian Babin, I've gotten a personal response. I used to communicate regularly with Ted Poe too, and he ALWAYS answered my emails or phone calls... I will post up whatever if anything I get back in the way of a response.

Comment

Good for you SS. Congressman Babin hasn't responded to me yet.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            I just spent the better part of half an hour writing to Dr. Brian Babin/Congressman, Dan Crenshaw/Congressman, and Ted/Cruz "begging" them to use their pulpit and influence to get the word out that Americans need not fear Kung-Flu, that their (should be there) are very effective treatments available... don't know if I'll hear from any of them on this, but I can say that every time I've communicated with Dan Crenshaw or Brian Babin, I've gotten a personal response. I used to communicate regularly with Ted Poe too, and he ALWAYS answered my emails or phone calls... I will post up whatever if anything I get back in the way of a response.

Dang it man!! One of my pet peeves, I violated myself!! used the wrong there, they're, their!!!

Comment

Well I got a response of sorts from Dan Crenshaw... Below is the letter I received this morning, and other than the salutation and the first paragraph where it recognizes the subject matter of my email, it is pretty much a canned form letter. It did not address a single specific point in my letter. Obviously, this one didn't make it to him but was instead followed up on by some underling sitting at a computer somewhere shuffling though all incoming communications... Pretty disappointing, and I must say was not expected. Always in the past when I sent him a note, I got a real personal response... Guess this Kung-Flu crap is just too much to bother with talking to constituents on a personal basis...

Dear Mr. Cheatom:

Thank you for contacting me regarding coronavirus and federal efforts to address the outbreak and keep our economy on track. This situation is rapidly evolving and requires action from every level of government as well as from citizens across our nation.

If you suspect that you or a family member may be sick, please carefully review and follow the instructions issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.

While there is much work ahead of us, it's important to note that Congress has taken decisive action to address the crisis. Last year, with my support, Congress passed the Pandemic and All-Hazards Preparedness and Advancing Innovation Act (H.R. 269), which extended programs to strengthen public health security and bolster our preparedness for pandemics, like coronavirus.

Additionally, the House passed the Coronavirus Preparedness and Response Supplemental Appropriations Act (H.R. 6074) with my support, which was subsequently signed into law by the President and provides $8.3 billion to combat the coronavirus epidemic.

Furthermore, the House passed the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (H.R. 6201) with my support, which was subsequently passed by the Senate and signed into law by the President. This bill ensures free testing for the virus and provides a system of paid sick leave for many workers.

The House also passed the CARES Act (H.R. 748), which was then signed into law by the President. The law contains several provisions to address the serious economic toll of the coronavirus pandemic. The bill provides recovery checks to most taxpayers, providing cash quickly to individuals and families. Subject to certain thresholds, individuals are eligible for checks up to $1,200 and married couples filing jointly are eligible for checks up to $2,400, with an extra $500 for each eligible child. While the vast majority of individuals will not have to take any action to receive a check, more information can be found at https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus.

Moreover, the bill provides retirement account flexibility to help our seniors, allows for deferment of student loans, and creates a Pandemic Unemployment Assistance Program to help workers who are not typically covered under state unemployment benefits. Many workers have lost their jobs through no fault of their own, and we must help them. For information on applying for unemployment benefits, please visit https://www.twc.texas.gov/

Additionally, the CARES Act extends aid to small businesses struggling amid this crisis by providing cash-flow assistance through federally guaranteed loans to employers who maintain their payroll during this emergency. If employers maintain their payroll, the loans are eligible for forgiveness, which would help workers to remain employed and affected small businesses and our economy to quickly snap-back after the crisis.

The CARES Act also bolsters our health response to coronavirus, including by addressing supply shortages, expanding tests and ensuring they are free for patients, reducing barriers to working with the private sector to develop vaccines and treatments, and expanding telehealth.

While these are important first steps, many constituents have questioned why so few tests are available and why testing was unavailable when the virus was initially detected. After addressing production shortfalls and bureaucratic red tape, we've now made progress in rapidly expanding coronavirus testing across the nation and making sure Americans who need tests have access. The Trump Administration is working with the private sector to increase the number of tests, including by setting up many drive-through testing collection sites in critical areas impacted by the coronavirus.

Important actions are also being taken to mitigate this crisis within the district. For example, Governor Abbott has declared an emergency across Texas and has taken a number of steps to rapidly deploy public health resources. In addition, in Harris County and the City of Houston, our hospitals are working on expanding capacity through delaying elective surgeries and finding alternative sites to do testing and assessment for patients who might be infected. For information on community resources and for call centers you can contact with questions, please go to: http://publichealth.harriscountytx.g...el-Coronavirus

This is a crisis that impacts all of us, but I am confident that we will triumph as a nation. I will continue to work to ensure we defeat this disease, and I will do what's necessary to keep the American people safe. I encourage you to stay up-to-date at my website: https://crenshaw.house.gov/coronavirus-resources/.You can follow me on Twitter and Facebook at @RepDanCrenshaw, where I will be posting updates as the situation unfolds.

It is a privilege to serve you in Congress.

Comment

Working...
              X