Atlanta might be the next hot spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glen View Post
    Hntr2506. About all police departments are hiring. Go do something about it. Put yourself in those shoes. Good luck
    Ha, with 2506 type of thinking, he would be a statistic rather quickly I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by chehunt View Post
      Ha, with 2506 type of thinking, he would be a statistic rather quickly I'm afraid.
      He? We sure about that?

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
        Not sure why I even bothered.
        LOL I almost posted telling you to not bother

White man or LEO = bad
        Thug with long rap sheet = good

That's all some people see. They refuse to look at any data or facts.

Comment

The drunk was shot in the back, he was wrong all the way around, however he did not deserve to die for it in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
            First, we are upset he took the taser because he can ( and history shows commonly ) use it on the officer and take his weapon and kill him with it, along with anyone else he wants.

Of course I dont know all the facts yet, none of us do. But it sure looks like a good shoot to me. I definitely believe it is ok to kill someone under certain circumstances. I believe society in most instances has laid out those circumstances pretty well. So why escalate it to the point where it is been deemed acceptable by society to be killed? I know that as a mostly white male, if I do what he did, I will be killed. And Im ok with that. So I wont do it. How is it that some segments of the population just will not live within these constructs?

When violence goes down, modern society assumes the perp committing the illegal acts ( by the fact that he is committing illegal acts ) is responsible for the violence and the law allows, under rules, force to be used to stop it. So the entire situation is due to the person committing the violence. By committing violence he is in fact inviting and causing violence to be used ON him to stop his act. This is why we say he killed himself. He intiated the voilence, and law officers, inan effort to perform the task to which they are assigned responded. Thats the rules. Thats whats required for a safe society. Thats why we have cops.

So some refuse to live within these rules. Yall ( yall as in the antipolice ) want to change the rules. So the rules change as desired and now the officers life has been deemed less valuable than the perpetrators. Why? What sense does tht make? The officer is not making the choice. The officer is doing what society has asked.

So to me the question is, when the crap hits the fan, who chose the violence, and now that violence is happening, who should win? For the law abiding citizen, he believes the man he hired to maintain peace and security should win. Of course! He believes the man who strted the violence by breaking the law, breaching the peace MUST LOSE. What kind of person feels otherwise?

Maybe a biased one? One who has bias against the police for some reason? Maybe one who, in the end is on the side that victimizes society? What we would calla "bad guy"?
            Very well written and the most sane of any comment on this matter

Comment

Originally posted by hntr2506 View Post
              he needed to be locked up and the first thing is to kill him. This is why people are losing their minds right now.
              100%

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                The drunk was shot in the back, he was wrong all the way around, however he did not deserve to die for it in my opinion.
                Play stupid games::::: got what he deserves IMO.
                This clown & all the others should have obeyed commands, especially when in the wrong.
                Last edited by DUKFVR; 06-15-2020, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                  Play stupid games::::: got what he deserves IMO.
                  Bingo and that's why we are where we are today.

Comment

So I have watched all of the videos available on this killing and I will 100% guarantee you that if myself, or any of you fellas responding to this thread, shoot a man under these exact circumstances, on our own property, our azzes are going to prison.. Let that sink in and then think about it..

Comment

TT. Disagree. Tazer is a non lethal. It does however make someone useless for about 10-15 seconds. When I say useless I mean I could walk up and for 10 seconds do or take whatever I want. This has all been testified in court as well as any and all major police academies. This is why they have you “ride the lightning”. So you can testify that you are 100% out of the game and all of your weapons become the suspects.

If I was a betting person. This Officer will settle with the City of Atlanta for an $ amount and part of the settlement is silence. It will be large. 7 figure type money. It will never be seen on any news channel or news article.

Comment

That is not correct. Look at the penal code on that.

Gary

Comment

Bingo and that's why we are where we are today.
                          X2 Play stupid games win stupid prizes

Comment

So all I need to do is turn my back toward someone and shoot over my shoulder?

By your logic if I do that to you then you can’t legally shoot back because you would be shooting me in the back.

Comment

Originally posted by TxKronik View Post
                              So all I need to do is turn my back toward someone and shoot over my shoulder?

By your logic if I do that to you then you can’t legally shoot back because you would be shooting me in the back.
                              Now we are making up scenarios what the ffffff, the drunk bastage did not deserve to die and a court of law will find this same thing in my opinion, we shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                                TT. Disagree. Tazer is a non lethal. It does however make someone useless for about 10-15 seconds. When I say useless I mean I could walk up and for 10 seconds do or take whatever I want. This has all been testified in court as well as any and all major police academies. This is why they have you “ride the lightning”. So you can testify that you are 100% out of the game and all of your weapons become the suspects.

If I was a betting person. This Officer will settle with the City of Atlanta for an $ amount and part of the settlement is silence. It will be large. 7 figure type money. It will never be seen on any news channel or news article.
                                If I shoot someone and kill them from several yards away, while they are running away, and I shoot them in the back, from the way the law has been explained to me I would fully expect to be headed to prison.. I support LEO's 100% but this was a bad reaction/decision and also at a very bad time in our country..

Comment

Working...
                                X