Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12 year. It has changed immensely.

Comment

Ten years in. Looking forward to another 10 or more. My body and mind are sound so I’ll keep going with God’s grace.

Comment

25 years this year. Way different from when i started.

Comment

I don't see how anyone would want to choose being a cop for a career in this day and age.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
            Holy *****. I can guarantee you won't see that on cnn or msnbc. That's just messed up.

Watching that for one second literally made me throw up.

I have had more conversations with my family about making it home safe every morning (I’m night shift patrol) in the last week than I have in my whole 11 year patrol career. Hugging my 7 year old daughter has made me choke up lately. My buddies and I call each other during shift to run through scenarios and drills of what to say on the mic should we become involved in a use of force. One thing I can say is those of y’all that call out to me while I’m fueling up and say “Deputy, I’ve got your six!” Makes me PROUDER to wear this uniform today than I was the day I swore the oath.

Y’all can take this to the bank. TBH, If something happens to me as a result of my duties......don’t y’all morn my loss. Celebrate my life because GOD has been GREAT to me and I’ll go out happily protecting and serving! (But y’all had better raise cane if some POS pops me from behind and I don’t get to fight)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by mmlreiner View Post
              Watching that for one second literally made me throw up.

I have had more conversations with my family about making it home safe every morning (I’m night shift patrol) in the last week than I have in my whole 11 year patrol career. Hugging my 7 year old daughter has made me choke up lately. My buddies and I call each other during shift to run through scenarios and drills of what to say on the mic should we become involved in a use of force. One thing I can say is those of y’all that call out to me while I’m fueling up and say “Deputy, I’ve got your six!” Makes me PROUDER to wear this uniform today than I was the day I swore the oath.

Y’all can take this to the bank. TBH, If something happens to me as a result of my duties......don’t y’all morn my loss. Celebrate my life because GOD has been GREAT to me and I’ll go out happily protecting and serving! (But y’all had better raise cane if some POS pops me from behind and I don’t get to fight)

Thank you Misty for what you do! We got your back and God bless you and your family!

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                I don't see how anyone would want to choose being a cop for a career in this day and age.
                Recent events in this country have made me decide that is exactly what I want to do. I have started going to college at night to get the required number of hours to hopefully be able to join Dallas PD. I feel like now more then ever we need more good men and women to carry the weight of the badge. I have always had the upmost respect for all LEOs and I want to do my part to bring the RIGHT change to the community and city I have grown up in and love with my whole heart.

Comment

It’s not a choice, it’s a calling.

Comment

Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
                    It’s not a choice, it’s a calling.
                    I understand, the point I was trying to make is how today's officers are hamstrung by political correctness and the propaganda machine that is the liberal media looking to tear down this country as well as our men and women that carry the badge.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                      Thank you Misty for what you do! We got your back and God bless you and your family!

Thanks brother. I’ll always have y’alls back. Every last one of you. (Except Carol Baskin, F that B).

Sorry.....couldn’t resist lol.

Comment

I understand, the point I was trying to make is how today's officers are hamstrung by political correctness and the propaganda machine that is the liberal media looking to tear down this country as well as our men and women that carry the badge.

He gets it

Comment

Originally posted by TxSon1836 View Post
                          Recent events in this country have made me decide that is exactly what I want to do. I have started going to college at night to get the required number of hours to hopefully be able to join Dallas PD. I feel like now more then ever we need more good men and women to carry the weight of the badge. I have always had the upmost respect for all LEOs and I want to do my part to bring the RIGHT change to the community and city I have grown up in and love with my whole heart.
                          I'm not knocking Dallas PD at all, but stay out of LE in Dallas County if you can avoid it. The DA is as liberal as it gets. I would look towards the Collin County area. The criminals you out away will actually do some real time for their crimes. I would say come up to Grayson Co, but the money here isnt quite what it is in Collin County.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dope hunter View Post
                            I'm not knocking Dallas PD at all, but stay out of LE in Dallas County if you can avoid it. The DA is as liberal as it gets. I would look towards the Collin County area. The criminals you out away will actually do some real time for their crimes. I would say come up to Grayson Co, but the money here isnt quite what it is in Collin County.

I will honestly go where ever I can get on. I can adjust my budget to the job. I just wanna serve the community. From what I have been told talking with officers in the burbs on ride alongs and such without experience it will be tough to get on those kinda places. I know Dallas is heavily down in their number of officers so I figured they would be my best shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TxSon1836 View Post
                              I will honestly go where ever I can get on. I can adjust my budget to the job. I just wanna serve the community. From what I have been told talking with officers in the burbs on ride alongs and such without experience it will be tough to get on those kinda places. I know Dallas is heavily down in their number of officers so I figured they would be my best shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Dallas could be easy, but Sherman Police Department, Denison Police Department and Grayson County Sheriff's Office are all really good agencies to work for. I work for Grayson County. Pay isnt as good as Collin Co, but we have some fun!

Comment

Originally posted by dope hunter View Post
                                Dallas could be easy, but Sherman Police Department, Denison Police Department and Grayson County Sheriff's Office are all really good agencies to work for. I work for Grayson County. Pay isnt as good as Collin Co, but we have some fun!

Ive trained with some guys from Denton, they seem to have a good department

Comment

Working...
                                X