82nd: Wheels up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Playa View Post
    We haven’t, in fact it is expressly illegal u see the Posse Comitatus Act of 1806, theInsurrection Act of 1807 provides for some wiggle room. The latter requires the request of the Governor. But DC isn’t a state and has no Governor, so I guess it’s a bit of a gray area.

I’ll be the odd man out on this, I think this a bad play for US Citizen rights and I think it’s a bad play for Trump politically. He is the CiC, if Americans die, the blood will be on his hands.

The National Guard was more than capable to handle this, but they needed to have the latitude to operate appropriately.

With all the anti federal overreach spewed here I find it hypocritical to endorse this.

And y’all are full of crap saying you would have supported Obama in ANYTHING. Except maybe Shane, he seems like the most consistent even keeled person on this board

Wrong. Bush sent Marines from Camp Pendleton to LA in 1992. Pretty well documented.

https://www.wearethemighty.com/histo...1#rebelltitem1

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
      This opens up a lot of possibilities for "demorats" in the future. What I would truly like to see happen is more people protecting themselves and their property.

Once the calm returns people are going to see the benefit of having police around as well as having the RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS!!
      Yep. It's stark reality when you realize that calling the police doesn't have the desired effect. Or when tactical decisions are made that means giving up one neighborhood to better save another. I appreciate the police, but I don't depend on them to save me. Saving me is my job.

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
        When have we ever deployed federal troops within our own borders for civil le? Is there a legal method for fed troops to take up arms against their own citizens? Sounds good at first but....
        Los Angeles riots '92

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
          Wrong. Bush sent Marines from Camp Pendleton to LA in 1992. Pretty well documented.

https://www.wearethemighty.com/histo...1#rebelltitem1
          And 7th ID out of (then) Ft Ord

Comment

Also keep in mind Washington DC is not a state and they have their own very different rules.

Comment

There is already lots of chatter about them moving the riots and protests into the burbs and rural areas. Are these scumbags really that stupid? Yesterday they gathered on a bridge over I-20 at Matlock Rd and were throwing stuff down onto cars on the freeway just 5 miles from my nephew's house.
              Attached Files

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                  There is already lots of chatter about them moving the riots and protests into the burbs and rural areas. Are these scumbags really that stupid? Yesterday they gathered on a bridge over I-20 at Matlock Rd and were throwing stuff down onto cars on the freeway just 5 miles from my nephew's house.
                  Yeah, I don't think that will work out too good .
                  If they make it as rural as I am, they'll never be going home.

Comment

No choice...they have hamstrung local law enforcement.

I hate that it is happening and think a proactive approach would have ended the mess by now.

Trump is in over his head and has alienated any help...i pray he is getting wise coonsel

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                      We haven’t, in fact it is expressly illegal u see the Posse Comitatus Act of 1806, theInsurrection Act of 1807 provides for some wiggle room. The latter requires the request of the Governor. But DC isn’t a state and has no Governor, so I guess it’s a bit of a gray area.

I’ll be the odd man out on this, I think this a bad play for US Citizen rights and I think it’s a bad play for Trump politically. He is the CiC, if Americans die, the blood will be on his hands.

The National Guard was more than capable to handle this, but they needed to have the latitude to operate appropriately.

With all the anti federal overreach spewed here I find it hypocritical to endorse this.

And y’all are full of crap saying you would have supported Obama in ANYTHING. Except maybe Shane, he seems like the most consistent even keeled person on this board

The deploying of the military will be twisted by the media. All you will hear is cries of dictatorship and the media will use it to bludgeon Trump.

I’m sure this too will be unpopular opinion, but perhaps it’s time for dr Frankenstein just to deal with his monster. These liberal cities are reaping what they’ve sewn. Feds should stay out of it and leave it up to all these brilliant mayors and governors to handle.

Comment

[QUOTE=Death from Above;14901221]No choice...they have hamstrung local law enforcement.

I hate that it is happening and think a proactive approach would have ended the mess by now.

No kidding. If only police were as aggressive with rioters as they were with hairstylists, barbers, and restaurateurs just a month ago.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                          The deploying of the military will be twisted by the media. All you will hear is cries of dictatorship and the media will use it to bludgeon Trump.

I’m sure this too will be unpopular opinion, but perhaps it’s time for dr Frankenstein just to deal with his monster. These liberal cities are reaping what they’ve sewn. Feds should stay out of it and leave it up to all these brilliant mayors and governors to handle.
                          Agreed on both accounts. They allowed this to fester, now let them deal with it popping in their face

Comment

Working...
                          X